e-Bay, scam or no scam?

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I took it into my head to look for a laptop on e-Bay tonight.

It seems to me that every second listing where the price is low is an obvious scam!

Here's one that I'm not 100% certain of though I reported it anyway. Imo the description is misleading (is it just a box or is it a mac?), goods in UK but seller in US, seller has not sold this kind of thing before now is selling 10 of them all at silly prices but with caveats like contact me for buy it now/delivery costs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....70034256159&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Looks like a possible account hijacking to me. Language used in the description is very poor English - even for an American ;)

Looks like its a scam to me.

The big clue for me is the poor English. Wouldn't touch it mate!

Genre: Gay Interest

:D

The biggest clue is that he's asking you to email before bidding to ask for a best price, definite scam.

The thing that made me hesitate was, unlike the other scams, he's asking you to use the ask seller a question link. All the others want you to email direct.

actually the ask a seller thing is more secure than them asking you to send them an email - if the account has been compromised but the email address hasnt been changed then the original account holder would get your emails about these mysterious items they supposedly have for sale.

Just always keep a good eye out, keep your wits about you, do your research and remember - if something looks too good to be true then it probably is.

100% scam it looks like he wants you to email him to recieve the asking price.The bidding id kept private sounds abit dodgie he proberly bidded on it himself.

looks like an empty box to me....

I sold a mobile phone on ebay a couple of weeks ago, the next day I got an email from ebay saying the auction has been cancelled because the winning bid came from an account had been accessed fraudulantly. Had to relist the phone, grrr! Seems this ebay fraud is becoming more and more of a problem

I must admit to becoming disillusioned with the likes of ebay and paypal. Add to the recent crap with paypal over the credit card payment the latest trouble and I think I'll dump em both.

I ran an auction for an old fish eye lens, unfortunately I left a typo in my email/paypal url. This guy pays into the non-account but I realise whats happening and send him a message of apology. He doesn't read it and gives me a neutral feedback. I send him another email and wait day's with no response so I return the complement double, leaving him a negative.

Guess what, he's read that and decided to send me an abusive and threatening ebay message. This has been reported to ebay, so we will have to see if they are prepared to do anything about it :shrug:

Back