E-Infinity .....is it safe?

Why do people feel the need to make up complete and utter nonsense on the internet? That never happened.

They ship into the u.k by unknown methods then ship out to the customer from a uk address via Royal Mail. Equipment from them always comes in the box it is supposed too.
When I have purchased from them they have emailed a photo of the item and the box.
In both cases they have been oem boxes with the text in english .

Why do people feel the need to make up complete and utter nonsense on the internet? That never happened.

They ship into the u.k by unknown methods then ship out to the customer from a uk address via Royal Mail. Equipment from them always comes in the box it is supposed too.

This is my experience for my recent order at least. Either they already had the item stocked in a UK warehouse, or it got there super fast and I got an email with a photo of my actual lens - in the original, proper box upon dispatch, along with tracking info. They also use DHL, not piggy back half-way around the globe like other Chinese sites [Wish, Fasttech, Gearbest etc ... ]

Last edited:
My daughter used to call them 'Quantity street' - much more apt name I thought, as once the few good 'uns are swiped, you're left with a tonne of cack sweets

I am not passing judgement on anyone (having used EI myself), but if they are telling the customer they can't issue a VAT invoice, then something isn't right - simple as that. No goods can materialise star trek-style. Either the VAT is paid or it isn't. And if they are giving you flannel when you ask for a receipt, it is probably the latter.

My 5D4 was in the original Canon box - but inside a box for an older, cheaper camera. Maybe they just had the box lying around? But it would be convenient if customs took a cursory glance.

If everything is above board, you get a VAT receipt. US firms pre-clear items for me and do exactly that. If the goods are subject to VAT, then it has to be paid at some point in the chain. And if you are paying it (not under-declaring), you might as well give a VAT invoice with the goods.

My 5D4 was in the original Canon box - but inside a box for an older, cheaper camera. Maybe they just had the box lying around? But it would be convenient if customs took a cursory glance.

No it wasn’t why make stuff up? All of their kit gets shipped to the customer from the U.K after it has cleared customs from China. From memory they don’t even use a packing box just lots of bubble wrap.

They simply don’t do that and how on earth would a 5d4 box fit inside the box of an old Canon compact camera? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ordered two lenses from them, not had an issue, much cheaper than anywhere else, the delivery only took a couple of days.

The lack of warranty didn't bother me as they are Fuji XC lenses so they were fairly cheap.

Apart from defrauding HMRC if you do not declares the good, or helping a Hong Kong business avoide VAT, then the general opinion is they are ok.

HMRC Help them selves to enough of my cash every time I get paid, so this wasn't a consideration of mine.

My daughter used to call them 'Quantity street' - much more apt name I thought, as once the few good 'uns are swiped, you're left with a tonne of cack sweets

This is just the job when its running before the festive period Christmas, whole tin of whatever you want
My daughter likes the Orange and Strawberry creams so we got her a tin of just those last Christmas
https://www.you.co.uk/quality-street-pick-and-mix-john-lewis/

Unfortunately unlike the mob this thread is about they don't offer cameras as a choice

Last edited:
I am not passing judgement on anyone (having used EI myself), but if they are telling the customer they can't issue a VAT invoice, then something isn't right - simple as that. No goods can materialise star trek-style. Either the VAT is paid or it isn't. And if they are giving you flannel when you ask for a receipt, it is probably the latter.

non-VAT registered businesses don't issue VAT invoices.

That aside.

There is question mark over how some of these businesses operate - including those who operate using the likes of Amazon for fulfilment - HMRC has raised the issue 4 or 5 years ago regarding 'misunderstandings' in recording VAT on transactions.

Now you would have thought if HMRC were doing their job that if visible long standing vendors such as e-Infinity were not handling VAT properly then that if there were any misunderstandings then they would have been firmly ironed out.

There can be large variations in some prices and the differences on some exceed what could be explained by the duty and VAT.

So an Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro is available at about four price points in the UK - the official RRP is £1199 - main stream retailers £1099-ish, other retailers at £849-ish, and in greyer areas at £639.

Now one might expect that if grey retailing was all about prices being the same globally - with the difference being tax and duty that the £639 might be higher - add VAT and it's £766. That's still quite a way of £849 and a long long way off £1099.

Last edited:
non-VAT registered businesses don't issue VAT invoices.

That aside.

There is question mark over how some of these businesses operate - including those who operate using the likes of Amazon for fulfilment - HMRC has raised the issue 4 or 5 years ago regarding 'misunderstandings' in recording VAT on transactions.

Now you would have thought if HMRC were doing their job that if visible long standing vendors such as e-Infinity were not handling VAT properly then that if there were any misunderstandings then they would have been firmly ironed out.

There can be large variations in some prices and the differences on some exceed what could be explained by the duty and VAT.

So an Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro is available at about four price points in the UK - the official RRP is £1199 - main stream retailers £1099-ish, other retailers at £849-ish, and in greyer areas at £639.

Now one might expect that if grey retailing was all about prices being the same globally - with the difference being tax and duty that the £639 might be higher - add VAT and it's £766. That's still quite a way of £849 and a long long way off £1099.

Yup - if they are not VAT registered, then they can't give anyone a VAT invoice. E-Infin say that they designate the shipment such that the courier (UPS, etc) does the Customs clearance and bills all of the subsequent costs back to E-Infin. That's also allowed, and HMRC would be happy with that.

When I ship UPS for my business I have that option. I never use it, because I can't eat the cost. E-Infin claim that they can!

There's something funky. Discounted retail for the Fujifilm 16-80/f4 in Hong Kong is about £640, and E-Infin are selling it into the UK for £569 and giving HMG another £120 or so.

There's something funky. Discounted retail for the Fujifilm 16-80/f4 in Hong Kong is about £640, and E-Infin are selling it into the UK for £569 and giving HMG another £120 or so.

If it's a kit lens then they can split them off.

A local example is the Fuji 18-55 that is available cheaper new this way in the UK than on the Fuji refurb site - because dealers will split kits and sell separately.

The Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro and it's like are AFAIAA not incorporated into kits so the prices don't have the extra complication when using them as an example.

i've just bought a sigma 70-200 and a 1.4 teleconverter from panamoz, third time i have used them. E infinity were cheaper if i was just buying the lens but panamoz have a deal on where you get £35 off per major item if you buy 2 or more together, The lens still ended up a shade cheaper with e infinity but with the discount it was only by about 20-40 quid, which i think is worth paying for the additional warranty

My lens just arrived, took a week from ordering to arrival, and guess what? It's in the proper official box :D And it was less than UK used sites are asking for same without the box or in some cases no hood

I looked at Panamoz also, the same lens is €150 more on there, their Fuji lenses are very pricey across the board in fact. I'd rather pay less in that case for a 'like new' used from MPB or WEX

Yup - if they are not VAT registered, then they can't give anyone a VAT invoice. E-Infin say that they designate the shipment such that the courier (UPS, etc) does the Customs clearance and bills all of the subsequent costs back to E-Infin. That's also allowed, and HMRC would be happy with that.

^ Exactly this.

This is normal, exactly what we did when we were shipping injection mould tools out of Shenzhen to the UK. Entirely legal and a recognised process.

GC

It happens frequently when folks ask about grey imports. :)
Glad you got your camera ordered.
You found a lens yet?
yes,ordered a sony a7r3 and a sony 24 240 fe lens from e infinity
couldn't afford a g master or a mk4 a7r
but from what I read the rmk3 is really good
just need to learn how to be a photographer now lol

On Friday evening I ordered a Sigma lens from E-Infinity, it will be my third purchase from them.
I recieved an automated order acknowledgement from them which said "Please allow 2 to 3 working days for handling and processing your order."
Monday I received an email which said "We are pleased to inform you that your order has now been processed and tracking information will be provided to you in 1 to 2 working days in a separate email."
I just received the email with a Royal Mail tracking number, which when I interrogate it says:
"Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KN*******GB . Please try again later"
Which is not very helpful.
It looks like any delays are going to be with Royal Mail and not E-Infinity.

I just hope I'm not importing a well known virus from HK - should I have the package fumigated before I open it?

On Friday evening I ordered a Sigma lens from E-Infinity, it will be my third purchase from them.
I recieved an automated order acknowledgement from them which said "Please allow 2 to 3 working days for handling and processing your order."
Monday I received an email which said "We are pleased to inform you that your order has now been processed and tracking information will be provided to you in 1 to 2 working days in a separate email."
I just received the email with a Royal Mail tracking number, which when I interrogate it says:
"Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KN*******GB . Please try again later"

I just hope I'm not importing a well known virus from HK - should I have the package fumigated before I open it?

Get that when the package hasn't been scanned into the Royal Mail UK system.
Seller gets a tracking number generated before it hits the Royal Mail, probably still on the way

I've been waiting over one month now for another RP... Emailed but not get any answer! Tracking just shows as with the local courier but no update beyond stating they're looking into it. Useless. Another week and I'll be calling up AMEX.

I've been waiting over one month now for another RP... Emailed but not get any answer! Tracking just shows as with the local courier but no update beyond stating they're looking into it. Useless. Another week and I'll be calling up AMEX.

Wouldnt bother waiting any longer if I were you. Ring Amex.

I have used them a number of times. As others have said not quick but the price is worth the wait. One thing to note, don't get excited once you get the email saying the item is in London ready for dispatch. It can still take another week, just be patient

So someone has now hijacked the thread about eInfinity to complain about eGlobal...

Even a cursory glance at eGlobal (and eCrater to head that one off) look dodgy as to me

eGlobal is a completely different company who are well known for ripping people off. You should have read reviews before ordering from them they are terrible to deal with.
Sorry my bad, I recall there was an E in the name and that was tit!

Exactly the same as me. Ordered 5th, still waiting for RM to put it on their system. E-Infin are “investigating”. Could be in the same batch of parcels.

Just ordered a Fuji lens from E-Infinity. The taking of the ££££s all went smoothly - I'll update the thread on how smoothly the rest of the process goes.

Just ordered a Fuji lens from E-Infinity. The taking of the ££££s all went smoothly - I'll update the thread on how smoothly the rest of the process goes.
When you get your first email saying it's in the delivery office London do not think that means you get it the next day. It can stay there for a week but it will arrive eventually.

Back