E-Infinity .....is it safe?

Ordered one last Thursday and had the same message but it now as been updated by Royal Mail to received and its being sorted.
Mine seems to be “somewhere “ with DHL prior to them giving it to Royal Mail. They just keep saying give it a couple of days as they’re investigating!

Parcels inbound often arrive then disappear - that's usually when they're in the HMRC part of Royal Mail's Langley HWDC... it can pass a parcel from inbound to outbound in 90 minutes... but the HMRC part can take 8 weeks during which time it's in untrackable limbo

Just found out that E-Infin are considering my lens as lost in transit. They have offered a refund or replacement. I have asked for a replacement. Hope this one doesn’t get lost!

After 4 days my Royal Mail tracking information STILL says "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KN********* . Please try again later

After 4 days my Royal Mail tracking information STILL says "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KN********* . Please try again later
Contact them. You may have the same issue as me.

Also having issues... Had RM tracking number since 6th March and still showing

' Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item'

Chased this up with customer service and had the following reply yesterday

"We're sending our orders via a logistic company. Your order has already been handed to them and is on its way to Royal Mail for final delivery to your address.

Unfortunately the parcel is not yet with Royal Mail because of the dealy which is unpredictable.

Please allow 2 more days for an update, you will be able to receive it soon."

Recent week a lot of stuff has been late for me, Royal Mail, Amazon & Hermes ... maybe everyone is clogging up the system panic buying toilet rolls! ;)

Looks like I got in before all the panic. Ordered on the 2nd, received my parcel on the 9th. That was my first ever order with einfinity and I was very pleased. I guess like all of these companies it won't always go smoothly. I mean I've had issues with MPB, HDEW, Camera Jungle, Amazon etc ... with stuff going AWOL or being delayed without any real explanation.

I notified E-Infinity and they said:
"We have just been notified by our courier partner that your cargo has lost trace during transit and this is why you are still not seeing updates on the tracking page.

A replacement shipment will be offered to you but due to our warehouse capacities, the new parcel will only be with you in 4 to 7 working days.

If you are cancelling your order because of this delay, we will be able to assist to issue you with a full refund for the transaction.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused, let us know how you would like to proceed with your order."

They have now given me a full refund on the item.

Just ordered a Fuji lens from E-Infinity. The taking of the ££££s all went smoothly - I'll update the thread on how smoothly the rest of the process goes.

Well, that was faster than I expected! It arrived today - I was expecting a longer lead time and hadn't even checked the email account I use for buying.

There was no identifying paperwork inside, and no mention on E-Infinity anywhere, including the shipping labels. Just a Salford M50 returns address, which is the same as that used by the www.onbuy.com marketplace.

I must admit the loss was a bit of a blessing in disguise, since I was begining to have second thoughts about the lens.
I always have the option of re-ordering it again later.

That always makes me cringe.

PS.
I don't think liking a post like that is actually the right thing to do as I've just cringed again :oops: :$

I have ordered from them before and recently ordered a Sony 35mm f1.8 off them. Since the order my photography business is slow to say the least. I email them yesterday and asked to cancel the order. The refunded my right away which I am very grateful. A great company.

I've used them several times, never a problem, if you look at the web site it does say that all taxes and duties are paid.

I've just bought from them again as you can see from the image below. Just got to wait for a few days now :banana:

cam.jpg

Alas, I have decided that in the uncertain financial climate, I need to return the lens. :(

I should just manage to do so within the 14 day return window, as long as I get it out RMSD on Monday. I've never returned anything before. I'm a bit alarmed to see that the return address is a self-storage unit in Ealing! No idea how that works. Hope there is someone there to sign for it.

I will update here with the outcome ASAP.

Alas, I have decided that in the uncertain financial climate, I need to return the lens. :(

I should just manage to do so within the 14 day return window, as long as I get it out RMSD on Monday. I've never returned anything before. I'm a bit alarmed to see that the return address is a self-storage unit in Ealing! No idea how that works. Hope there is someone there to sign for it.

I will update here with the outcome ASAP.

What lens? and what was the issue?

Should be just fine, my lens came from one of their warehouses in Manchester. From order to me accepting delivery took precisely a week and I'm in southern Ireland, so I'd say they can do mainland UK well within that. The photos I was sent of my gear during processing were shot in that warehouse I would imagine, so there will be people there to deal with your return. Of course this was pre-C19 issues, but if they are still open for business, then their warehouses will still be up and running. A lot easier practice social spacing in those type of atmospheres.

I'm sending it back because of the £££s and the current situation. Just need to start being careful, as I will get almost nothing from the government support over the next 3 months.

There's nothing wrong with the lens.

And the address for returns is not Manchester. As I said, it's a self storage unit in Ealing! It came from Manchester. Bu there's some unusual ordering/drop-shipping/fulfillment/returns process for this particular grey channel. As long as I get my cash back, I don't have a problem.

Anybody still buying gear at the moment?
Has anyone ordered from eInfinity?

I was considering buying something but I wonder what the risk of importing a package infected with virus might be.
It is said the virus can survive up to 72 hours on a hard surface, possibly longer on other surfaces.

Anybody still buying gear at the moment?
Has anyone ordered from eInfinity?

I was considering buying something but I wonder what the risk of importing a package infected with virus might be.
It is said the virus can survive up to 72 hours on a hard surface, possibly longer on other surfaces.
They take about a week to reach you.

And the address for returns is not Manchester. As I said, it's a self storage unit in Ealing! It came from Manchester. Bu there's some unusual ordering/drop-shipping/fulfillment/returns process for this particular grey channel. As long as I get my cash back, I don't have a problem.[/QUOTE]

I think you will find Ealing is their main base in the UK. I have returned a couple of items before to that location and never had a problem with them.

They take about a week to reach you.
On the e-Infinity website is a note which says:
"Due to the recent outbreak of the coronavirus, our delivery time is being affected in Australia, Europe and the United States. Please allow additional time for your order to arrive during this time."

Still thinking about an order from them.

My experience just ordering the normal stuff from Amazon and Evil Bay is that deliveries are taking a little longer than normal. I've just assumed this is due to some items being ordered in higher numbers and stock issues and perhaps also a number of posties being off self isolating. So far although stuff seems to be taking longer it's all still turning up and I may be wrong but I'd expect the same for international orders too.

On the e-Infinity website is a note which says:
"Due to the recent outbreak of the coronavirus, our delivery time is being affected in Australia, Europe and the United States. Please allow additional time for your order to arrive during this time."

Still thinking about an order from them.
What I meant Brian was that a week is longer than 72 hours ;)

Back