E infinity

Yes, I've bought 2 MFT lenses from them in the last 3 weeks - A Panasonic 100-300mm mark ii, and an Olympus 12-40mm pro - both are exactly as they should be, and I saved a load of cash.
When the item is ready for despatch they even email an image of your goods with your delivery note alongside.
I will have no hesitation in using them again.
Hope this helps.

How long were you waiting on delivery? Over here in Ireland you're very likely to be hit with customs charges that will make the difference much less, and add to the wait time if the package does get stopped. A €400 lens for example, if stopped and checked by customs, will end up costing you around €500, and only after they are satisfied that you paid what you claim to begin with. It can take them anything up to 3 weeks to release it back to you even after payment. Many packages get through un-checked, but I've been hit a couple of times over the years, just have that kind of luck.

I'd love to chance it, but I hear too many frustration stories.

Last edited:

I use them all the time and never charges and never problems.UK mainland

I don't know anyone who lives in Ireland and know nothing about Ireland either so cant comment about that.

Yep

A few lenses and a fuji camera recently. The lenses over a 2-3 year period. Was interesting with the camera though, they were quite a bit cheaper than the competition for the x-t20 and lens when I bought it. Then they decided the last on e on the shelf had a problem- did I want to cancel and buy later when in stock, stock was going to be weeks or months away. It was a very good price and I wasn;t in a rush so I said I'd hang on when lo and behold it was released that day.

Just assumed they'd had a glitch in their pricing and were selling too low and if they could avoid that they would but they honoured it when they'd gone as far as they could.

For the avoidance of doubt that's not a dig at them- other than them asking this there was no hard issues and it all arrived in good nick as did the lenses. I would use them again.

How long were you waiting on delivery? Over here in Ireland you're very likely to be hit with customs charges that will make the difference much less, and add to the wait time if the package does get stopped. A €400 lens for example, if stopped and checked by customs, will end up costing you around €500, and only after they are satisfied that you paid what you claim to begin with. It can take them anything up to 3 weeks to release it back to you even after payment. Many packages get through un-checked, but I've been hit a couple of times over the years, just have that kind of luck.

Mine came from a UK warehouse within 2 days.

Mine came from a UK warehouse within 2 days.

I have heard that the UK is better for buying outside of the EU, I wish it was like that here. Customs get a whiff of Chinese packages and they are all over them for their extra charges. It can still work out better value than buying UK/Ire but only with cheaper gear. I had a Yongnuo flash unit stopped a few years back for example, it was €65, customs caught it in their net and I had to send them proof of the price I paid - I simply sent them a link to the site showing the price, think they were a bit miffed, they thought it was worth a lot more. But, I still have to pay customs, and an additional fee for the postman to re-deliver [right con that part] - in the end it cost me more like €90, but still a lot cheaper than Nikon SB900 at the time.

Wonder why they don't take card payments. Would be better protection for buyer.

Last edited:
I always thought credit cards gave more protection. I'll have to do some research.

I always thought credit cards gave more protection. I'll have to do some research.

I’m not sure one way or the other. Recently I had doubts about a supplier with whom I had placed an order - PayPal sorted it out very promptly.

They are also called Kacha on eBay, ordered a lens from Kacha and the shipment email came from E-Infinity.
I ordered a Nikon 50mm 1.8G just after Xmas £140 and an extra 20% off eBay deal paid £112 absolute bargain, delivered on time, no problems whatsoever.

After reading this thread a week or so ago I looked them up and purchased a Canon Powershot G7X MKII after I sold mine on eBay and missed having a pocket compact. It came within a week and it cost me £5.00 more than I sold my 14 month old one for.

Grey Import?

Grey Import?
Yes, e-infinity are based in Hong Kong so they are classed as a grey import.

They offer a 12 month warranty but you have to be careful because to be able to claim on the warranty you have to ship your item back to Hong Kong at your own expense. Panamoz on the other hand are also based in Hong Kong. They aren't quite as cheap to buy from but they offer a 3 year UK local warranty so it's a lot easier and cheaper to make any warranty claims.

Panamoz on the other hand are also based in Hong Kong. They aren't quite as cheap to buy from but they offer a 3 year UK local warranty so it's a lot easier and cheaper to make any warranty claims.

Does anyone know if Hdew is similar as above?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Hdew is similar as above?
HDEW have a UK office in Surrey however the products they sell are still classed as grey imports. I believe their base in Surrey is purely an office. They offer a 1 year warranty as standard but some camera bodies come with an extended warranty.
I find that prices at HDEW are generally closer to standard UK prices rather than the HK based grey imports so I've never actually used them.

Strange - I've always found HDEW prices much lower than UK prices and even better than Panamoz - especially for lenses.

Ordered a Tamron 100-400 from them on the 8th April and it arrived on the 16th April via UPS. UK Cost for the lens is £799, but I paid £479 from E Infinity. They even sent me a picture of the box and serial numbers before they sent it. Great company will be dealing with them again for when I get the 16-35mm F4.

Has anyone had problems connecting to the Paypal site for payment as a 'guest' - ie without logging into Facebook or Google?

The 'Redirecting to Paypal' message comes up but the Paypal site isn't reached.

Last edited:
Back