E3 Sentry

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys
this is an image that has been tucked away on my hard drive for a couple of years
not a great image by any means - but thought some of you might like to see an E3 from a different perspective
Chris
758019737_imLS6-L.jpg

Nice! Reasonably unique perspective, but isn't it annoying that the 'air defence grey' works so well!

Cheesy

Nice shot, what's it taken from? :)

Nice shot, thanks for sharing. Like you say, a unique perspective. I imagine it would be hard for most people to get that close to an E3!

I used to work on a DeHavilland Twin Otter and I took a lot of shots from onboard. The windows were made from plexi-glass and were scratched, covered in marks - a complete nightmare to shoot through.

Last edited:
This is also a few years old!

Taken with my first digital camera - a Canon Ixus V!

132-3291_IMG.jpg

Chris, not trying to hijack the thread, say the word and the photo goes away! Thanks for posting your shot, I've fired up an old external hard drive and found a world of air-to-air shots that I had forgotten about!

Cheesy

No worries Cheesy... looks like an 11sq F3 about to take on the fuel, and like my shot not the greatest image but a great record in a unique situation
the trouble shooting from the Tristars is the windows are really dreadful

I am sure lots of folks on the forum would welcome seeing your Air>Air archive, I certainly would so please post away
Chris

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2790/4249309696_922e534f72_b.jpgLove looking at your air2air shots. I was in the RAF from 1976-80, stationed at Wattisham.. station carpenter tradesman managed to work myself a back seat jolly in the Phantom. The memory stays with me over 30 years later. thought i would share a couple of shots taken through the canopy, of a second jet. sorry the quality is poor but hopefully content is good

Last edited:
I get the occasional sentry at work , amazing piece of kit , heres the last one we had .

707_13-02-09_007-1.jpg

707_13-02-09_008.jpg

Very interesting shots.

Back