TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
more Birds(yawn)...best to stick with what i know, lol

owl1.jpg

IMG_5011small.jpg

couldnt help the background, had to use flash too, must install the FEC hack!

baldeagle2.jpg

this is the Bald Eagle that hopped it a little while ago from the sanctuary to Faversham....

buzzard2small.jpg

comments welcome, i got some outdoor stuff too but not much as its quite hard with loads of people and little talent... :coat:

Adrian said:
Cracking pictures :). The owl is a pearler. You need to be selling these!

aye...wish i knew how!

thanks for the comments again!:icon_cool

I like the first shot although I feel it is let down slightly by the restraints on its feet. Take that with a grain of salt though as it really is an excellent shot.

The ones shot with flash have the tell tale flash shadows that could be reduced with the flash compensation hack on your 300D. Something for you to think abaout ;) Again you are showing some stunning work recently mate. All the hard work you are putting in is really beginning to show. :)

thanks Steve, yeah that FeC hack is going to happen i think, im really starting to enjoy taking pictures now, its not as much of a challenge as it used to be, so i can think about what im doing more and get better shots. I think i need to think about lenses soon too, ditch the 18-55 for something more useable, up to around 70mm i think..and start working on other areas, like better composition, lighting and the like..

Just a little note Bert, are you using any permanent filter on your Sigma. EG a UV or Skylight?

Nigel, i use a Skylight or a Poloriser, depending on the light, the poloriser knocks it down a lot, but it doesnt affect the quality any outside, the Tiffen ones are ok

Those pass with flying colours (pun intended)
You've really got tha hang of this birdie stuff and theyr'e what made you famous.
(You still owe me a fiver for going out and buying Digital Photography magazine just to see your eagle in print :naughty: )

Bachs said:
Those pass with flying colours (pun intended)
You've really got tha hang of this birdie stuff and theyr'e what made you famous.
(You still owe me a fiver for going out and buying Digital Photography magazine just to see your eagle in print :naughty: )

might need to make it a tenner soon Steve!:naughty:

Marcel said:
DP, Eagle in print? Do tell!

cant believe you missed that post!

Won a G6 for the eagle shot i posted a little while ago, came second, to go with the other shots ive had published in the competition!

Ahhh I think I returned later that week after my period of abstinence :) So just missed it and only caught the follow up talk.

I remember being jealous because the camera you won was still better than mine :p

Cracking shots there mate.

I went to Eagle Heights about a year or so ago, keep meaning to go back there and try and get some shots of there flying displays, but have not had a chance recently

Back