Early Morning Dew - Second Attempt

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
hi,

Back again with some more morning-dew photos.

This time, I used just the one extension tube, the smallest size (1), on the 18-55mm kit lens.

Took me some time to find the right "grass", with droplets in the place I wanted them to be.

Im going to list 4 pics, only one Im really happy with and that'll be the last one. I just am so chuffed I got so much detail in the reflection in the rain drop :)

The others, although not as clear, I still like, simply for their shape. Just a shame im not too good at hand-held focussing. I think I need one of those knobbly tripods?

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

My favourite
IMG_7391.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Cool shots. One thing you might want to read up about and try is a technique called focus stacking, then you can have the blade of grass, droplet, AND the image refracted inside the droplet in sharp focus.

I've never tried this myself but the photo's that I've seen using this technique have always stood out to me.

Number 4 is my favourite too. Great shot.

first and last but honestly the first is great but for some reason a touch soft ...ie focus out a couple of mil

last looks like a bug when cropped lol

lol, i agree mark, does look like a bug ! im hoping my focussing is going to get better, need to use the tripod more, all the shots above were hand held

Very nice :)

I tried for some dewy cobwebs the other day but in the breeze it was virtually impossible to get a solid focus.

it has been very windy paul, been trying to photograph insects, but the stems of the plants they land on are waving all over the place. Ive even tried holding a stem of a flower with a bee on there. It doesnt work. lol

Im really looking forward to autumn and winter (!) I cant believe Im saying that (for the first time in my adult life). The frost, spider webs, colours, snow. Gonna be bloody brilliant :D

Back