1_IMG_5076_01_copy.jpg

1_IMG_5085_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5086_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5087_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5092_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5095_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5098_01_filtered_sm.jpg

1_IMG_5099_01_filtered_sm.jpg

There's some really interesting buildings round this area that I'm going to have a go at shooting once the weather turns proper frosty! :)

Well I got to give you Kudos for getting the missis to go around the docks at that time in the morning ;)

What did you promise her?.........maybe best not to answer that one. ;)

#5 from the first lot is my fave!

P-E: It was her idea -- now what does that tell you.....

SammyC said:
P-E: It was her idea -- now what does that tell you.....

:D

When my other half comes with me there has to be some shops included.

SammyC said:
#5 from the first lot is my fave!.
Same here, some of the others are just a bit TOO misty, you're really having to strain to see what the subject is.

It was like that all day! It's the combination of fog and mist you see.

5th and 6th from the first lot, although there is a little too much sharpening on the fifth. Trust Mother Nature to mess up your photo oppotunities after getting up early as well :(

P-E said:

When my other half comes with me there has to be some shops included.

I pray for heavy fog when the Mrs wants to go shopping.

The Jessops sign always cuts through it nicely though

Steve said:
5th and 6th from the first lot, although there is a little too much sharpening on the fifth. Trust Mother Nature to mess up your photo oppotunities after getting up early as well :(

There was a completely new look to everything which made photography a challenge!

I have to say that the photos didn't capture what I was seeing but I enjoyed the attempt none the less.

I actually like the 2nd and 4th in the first lot and feel that in the second shot anyway, the bridge and trees could possibly be brought out a little...with some tender loving care.

Marcel said:
What's the difference?

I have a bite!!!! :D

My understanding is that fog is land based and mist come from the sea. So photo #3 shows fog and #4 shows mist and fog, the two combining to make a very thick blanket of the stuff just over the water.

But I am probably completely wrong. lol

KenCo1964 said:
I actually like the 2nd and 4th in the first lot and feel that in the second shot anyway, the bridge and trees could possibly be brought out a little...with some tender loving care.

As usual I think the size reduction has lost a lot of the detail. :(

I always thought they were both the same....just cloud that's come down for a rest :D

It was strange but it was really exciting, no-one else was out at that time (apart from a couple of looney joggers) and it was all silent and lost in mist/fog. :D

Back