Review Ebay Battery Grip For 450d From Hong Kong Review.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I purchased a battery grip on the 29th Oct 08 from an Ebay seller
registered in China.

I was very suprised when the package arrived from Hong Kong this morning.

The Ebay seller is 'link-delight' http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/link-delight/

The stuff they sell looks very good but as with all things Ebay,you have to be careful.

I chose to give them a go & this is what i received for my £40 plus £17 postage.

1 x battery grip
2 x rechargeable batteries
2 x battery holders (1 standard Canon size & 1 AA size)
1 x Aperture cable release
1 x pumpkin trick or treat bag (bit late but nice touch)
1 x discount coupon for 8% off valid until 31.12.08

I must say that at this point i am very impressed with the service i have received from this supplier.

Fitting was very straight forward with nothing out of line & the finish matches
the Canon body perfectly.

If anyone needs anymore info regarding this product,please let me know & i will do my best to assist.

Here are a few pics

1. Bag it all arrived in
meike_bge3_01.jpg

2. Un-packed
meike_bge3_02.jpg

3. Batteries
meike_bge3_03.jpg

4. Grip
meike_bge3_04.jpg

5. Battery holders
meike_bge3_05.jpg

6. Cable release
meike_bge3_06.jpg

7. Fitted (taken with phone cam)
meike_bge3_07.jpg

meike_bge3_08.jpg

Thanks for the info Snoop as I have my eye on the grip for the D200 at £45 from this company will get one now (y)

Looks like a bargain.
Stupid question though;
Is the American named 'Rebel' exactly the same model as it's European counterpart?

Yep, Rebel Xti or whatever they're called and XXXD UK equivalent are exactly the same cameras, they just have to jazz up the name to get the simple Yanks interested!! ;)

Yep, Rebel Xti or whatever they're called and XXXD UK equivalent are exactly the same cameras, they just have to jazz up the name to get the simple Yanks interested!! ;)

Thought so but you never know if the Yank ones are fitted BBQ's or somert.:)

Hi,
How good are the batteries compared to the normal ones that came with the camera ?

Ek

Hi,
How good are the batteries compared to the normal ones that came with the camera ?

Ek

At the moment the batteries appear to be of good quality.

I have been using both batteries supplied in the grip & have had the
grip attached since it was received.

I honestly couldnt tell you how many pics i have taken between charges
but i know its a fair few.

The Canon battery has remained in my bag & hasnt been used since.

Last edited:
Hi scooby
you did well with one
I will have a try too
Cheapest I can find in UK is £79 and thats just for the grip
You got the medal m8y
Cheers

By the way can it still go on a tripod with the grip attached?
thx

Spot on M8y
well worth the risk on Ebay
Got remote with mine
Cheers
Now for some decent lens...found the hammer..now wheres that piggy bank

Cheers(y)

Might invest in this looks just like the canon version just a hell of alot cheaper.

Mine arrived today. Really happy with it. Came in under a week and it feels really nice in hand.

img3496l.jpg

I didn't get a pumpkin trick or treat bag though...

I bought one of these a couple of months ago from linkedelight and it arrived in three days and does exactly what it says on the tin. Good price, good service and a hell of a lot cheaper. Highly recommended

worth noting , the yongnuo version is identical , i have one i got off here and it is excellent for the money :)

Sorry bit daft, but what battery options are there? Holder with AA's, holder with std Canon batteries, and the batteries supplied that do not need a holder or do they need the holder which means you cannot use standard Canon batteries?

Sorry bit daft, but what battery options are there? Holder with AA's, holder with std Canon batteries, and the batteries supplied that do not need a holder or do they need the holder which means you cannot use standard Canon batteries?

The one I purchased came with two aftermarket Canon style batteries in a holder &
a 6xAA holder.

Was planning on buying a grip for these, they look to be good quality and very similar to the genuine canon at a fraction of the cost. Will this grip fit the 500d?

Also, anyone had any filters from these, or would you recommend staying clear of cheap filters?

the grip will fit the 1000D and the 500D , as for cheap filters , think about it .........

Thanks Paul...

That looks a very good deal for me all I need is a linky.

John

Got the same grip here too, I'm really happy with it and have been using it for a few months now with no issues, great value imo.

I bought this grip after checking out this thread, it just arrived today and I am very pleased with it so far, took it our for a new year's shoot and it seems well built, especially with its incredibly low price.

Got this grip for Xmas andvery please with it so far, feels great on the camera especially with the sigma 10-20 on there. Think it will be on there pretty much all the times unless i want the smaller lighter option, good to have the choice really.

Back