eBay selling changes coming.

Unfortunately, there’s another £0.30 deduction on every sale, irrespective of any ‘special seller offer’ in force. I bowed to Ebay’s request a month ago, but haven’t been offered any £1 selling weekends since.

Not for me. Just rechecked my invoice...

Screenshot 2021-05-15 203003.jpg

Just to add, in case anyone didn't know... If you sell things as "buy it now", once the 30 days elapse, so does the £1 deal.

I tend to pull it at 30 days, then go to relist it, but never complete it and just leave it as a draft. Then next time the deal comes round, I just "complete" the draft.

You'll get a message in your eBay message inbox.
Thanks. I've now found the setting that should cause me to get an email when there are seller promotions. I suspect I'll get too many emails for my limited selling activity and turn it off again, but I hope I'll remember it's there when I *do* want to sell something!

I didn't see any mention of that as an option, however there is now an "introduction fee" if the sale is made outside of eBay.
Will this have an effect if an item is listed both here AND on fleabay, and sold on here?

Will this have an effect if an item is listed both here AND on fleabay, and sold on here?
I am assuming that it's just where a contact is made to bypass the eBay listing and they spot it ... they have an 'algorithm' to spot tale-tale signs in 'private' messages.
It couldn't be just for multiple listings in various places.

Flippin nora!
Just use a free listing offer on ebay. Sell a lens and a second later the buyer say "can i cancel, I though it was full frame lens not MFT" noying there is nothing to be confused now. So that my free listing option wasted. If I relist and sell at the same price it will cost me £25...

Flippin nora!
Just use a free listing offer on ebay. Sell a lens and a second later the buyer say "can i cancel, I though it was full frame lens not MFT" noying there is nothing to be confused now. So that my free listing option wasted. If I relist and sell at the same price it will cost me £25...

I thought everyone got 100 free listings?

Flippin nora!
Had a similar situation a while back, very annoying but unless it's an urgent sell the £1 listings generally come around fairly quickly.

Back