ECN-2 Processing Recommendations?

Analogue Wonderland also do ECN-2 kits. I saw it on their Instagram and just double checked.

Nik and Trik do it but I think that is only for film that they have sold.

Nik and Trik are, I think, the only UK seller for ECN-2 kits which enable you to process cine film at home - that's what I do.
I might be wrong but I think it’s just cheaper if it’s one of their film’s, price goes up if it’s someone else’s. But again I might be making that up :)

Nik and Trik do it but I think that is only for film that they have sold.

Nik and Trik are, I think, the only UK seller for ECN-2 kits which enable you to process cine film at home - that's what I do.
I take it back, just checked and yes it’s only for film they have sold, shame

Bugger. Looks like it will have to be Silverpan afterall then and i'll have to sit it out. I don't have any gear to self dev at home so that ideas off the table.
You could always message nik and trick and see if they would do it? They might well be glad for the business seeing how the economy is at the moment. That or they might charge you extra. Depending on how badly you don’t want to wait could just ask them to do it if you buy some of their film at the same time

You could always message nik and trick and see if they would do it? They might well be glad for the business seeing how the economy is at the moment. That or they might charge you extra. Depending on how badly you don’t want to wait could just ask them to do it if you buy some of their film at the same time

Afaik, the reason N&T stopped processing stock from other suppliers is because they were getting a lot of very old (and poorly stored) film stocks spooled by other suppliers that were a nightmare to process and taking the flack for poor results as customers thought it was due to poor processing. Getting all the remjet off is an artform and some film stocks are far easier to handle than others.

Afaik, the reason N&T stopped processing stock from other suppliers is because they were getting a lot of very old (and poorly stored) film stocks spooled by other suppliers that were a nightmare to process and taking the flack for poor results as customers thought it was due to poor processing. Getting all the remjet off is an artform and some film stocks are far easier to handle than others.

That makes sense to be honest. Although this is verified good, new film stock and was purchased from Analogue Wonderland so there would be no issues there. I may give them a call and ask the question. The worst they can do is say no haha

That’s a shame. I did process some cine film myself at home in c41 and it was a bit of a faff. Not sure if it was correct but I did a pre wash of 1 litre of water to 1-2 tablespoons of baking powder until the water came out basically clear. Then before the fix you had to clean off the remainder by hand. Personally I didn’t think the results were worth the effort, but it was in c41 and as you said could have been poorly stored before I got it

Back