Editing effort

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I found 1 of my female crested gecko's buried in the substrate of the viv last night, she was laying eggs (bugger more babies on the way) so I tried to take a picture of her, this was around 9pm, they have a small uv light in the viv, but nothing else, due to them being nocturnal and having no eyelids I could not use a flash, so thought take the picture and see what can be done in post. I was amazed that I got anything when you look at the original image, I am quite pleased with it, although not a great image, it does show that something can be had from even the darkest raw file lol.

Original
0.jpg
Post edit
1.jpg

What RAW file and how did you process it? I found DXO Pureraw really helped with underexposed files.

Sorry should have said Mintchocs, it is a panasonic RAW2 file, I used a mixture of Silkypix 8, Photoscape x and Photoshop express, all of which are free programs lol. I find that sometime 1 program will do somethings better than another for some reason, but I am quite new to all this. I used expsoure bias, HDR and gamma correction, then tried to clean it up with noise reduction. Oh and a slight crop.

Last edited:
Back