Beginner EDITING photographs with photoshop elements

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
HI can anyone point me towards any tutorials using photoshop elements 13 and if there is any other software that is just as good or even better for a novice?

Try THESE Many tutorials can be found on Youtube.(y)

cheers bowlers TBH i should of mentioned i was after peoples opinion on what they found easiest to use because i find photoshop elements a little hard to understand sometimes

PSE shares a lot of functionality with Photoshop. Which tbh was a bit of a nightmare when I first picked it up. However, it doesn't take long to learn the basics, then it's up to you what you need to learn, you can be as ambitious as you like.

HI can anyone point me towards any tutorials using photoshop elements 13 and if there is any other software that is just as good or even better for a novice?

Try Lightroom - free trial here http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads.html I've never got on very well with Photoshop, probably because I haven't put in the learning time, but LR is quite different and very intuitive I found. It's also far better software for photographers IMHO, eg non-destructive and extensive library features to name but two.

LR is designed for photographers whereas Photoshop is really a professional graphic arts package and Elements is a derivative of that. They all have Adobe processing power under the bonnet though (y) Also, you'll never get the most out of any modern software package without some guidance. On-line vids etc are good, but I find a book invaluable reference, suggest Scott Kelby http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photoshop-L...F8&qid=1423743577&sr=1-5&keywords=scott+kelby

thanks very much for your suggestions guys have downloaded a couple and started on the learning ladder

As said above it can be a bit of a nightmare to start with, but it is worth sticking at it. I got so frustrated at first. YouTube is a great resource!! Took me a few months, but once you get your head around it, it slowly starts to make sense. I'm still learning and PHlearn.com have some good free tutorials but I'm not sure if that's the best place to start. You can always ask on here if you get stuck with any particular problem.

Last edited:
thanks Morbid am slowly but surely taking it in and find sometimes I have to find someone elses perspective to find the right software

For elements 9 I bought a second hand book off Amazon by Scott Kelby. I'm pretty sure he's done one for pse13. I found it very helpful because its a book it easier to find the things I want, and have done but need reminding.

Elements is frustrating because of the 'elements' it doesn't have............. LR seems very popular. Though I've never used it, all those people can't be wrong. Paintshop is very good without going to the expense and overkill of 'proper' Photoshop. I personally find it easier to use than Elements but that may be just because I've always used it.

Back