Beginner Editing

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I was pointed in the direction of Silkypix for Panasonic for editing my images, it is free so that is a bonus, I was astounded by the difference you can make to an image, it will take a bit of working out and getting used to, but by far the best I have found so far. Here are 2 images taken today using the Panasonic G5 with the 45-150 lens and some cheap close up filters from Amazon, it is not the best image but I took them just to play around with, and they were in RAW format. I have only conveted to jpeg and resized the original so I could post it on here.

Original image
Shroom.jpg
After edit
Shroom1.jpg

You've done a good job balancing that out. I think you've clipped some highlights on the mushroom at the front.

Remember when editing, it's much easier to bring up shadows. If you've clipped highlights heavily, they're often gone for good.

Great start though bud!

Well done indeed, a great effort, keep them coming ;)

Just found out that when the light is really bright, like in the first image, (direct flash no diffuser) try and under expose it, so as to avoid blowing out the highlights, lesson learned lol.

Just found out that when the light is really bright, like in the first image, (direct flash no diffuser) try and under expose it, so as to avoid blowing out the highlights, lesson learned lol.
That was my constant problem as well lmao! There is a guide on fixing washed out photos that might help, but generally yes, fixing it through underexposing is usually the answer.

Had another go today with Silkypix, trying to get blurred backgrounds, but keep centre clear, may have overdone this one lol. Next will be to try and get soft images.
not the best image to start with, but it was only for editing purposes.
11.jpg

Back