Elements 15 .. how different from 13?

Edit My Images
No
I currently use PSE13 with W8.1 x64, always shooting in RAW, and have found that it affords everything I believe I really need, plus a lot more besides.

A friend has recently purchased Elements 15 and, since the pack includes both OS versions and he's a Mac user, he's offered me the Windows installation disc.

Before I accept his kind offer, I thought I'd ask the obvious question: Are there any significant changes to the photo editor that would make it worthwhile 'upgrading'?

I've looked on the Adobe website to run a comparison of the various recent versions of PSE, and it seems that PSE15 has enhanced capabilities in areas relating to 'creativity' and photo organisational matters, as opposed to anything of any real substance in the RAW editing suite. I get the impression that these 'enhancements' are more for the snapshot and mobile phone photographer of the Instagram generation, rather than someone like me with years of experience with SLRs and DSLRs, i.e. (and I know I shouldn't really say this) more 'serious' photography.

If I do go for the 'upgrade' would the automatic uninstalling of PSE13 also remove Premier Elements 13 (which I bought as a package with PSE13 but which I have yet to use) as my friend is only offering the PSE15 software?

If anyone has any helpful comparison comments to make, I'd be very grateful.

AFAIK, Premiere is a completely different piece of software to PSE. The "upgrades" between old and new versions of PSE are often more in the way of extra bells and whistles rather than proper upgrades, although newer versions might have better raw support for newer cameras.

AFAIK, Premiere is a completely different piece of software to PSE. The "upgrades" between old and new versions of PSE are often more in the way of extra bells and whistles rather than proper upgrades, although newer versions might have better raw support for newer cameras.

Thanks for your input to my query - the only reply, too! As my cameras are both four years old and I'm not likely to be changing either of them any time soon, I guess the additional RAW support afforded by PSE15 would be irrelevant. As for the bells and whistles .. I'm experienced enough now to know that, in the main, I can do without those!

FWIW, I went from PSE 11 to 15, definitely worth while for me.

I should say, that using your friend's "spare" install is in breach of the EULA, but that's up to you I guess.

As for Premier, that's for editing video.

You're probably right about the EULA situation, but I've decided to decline my friend's offer anyway, so no harm done.

Thanks again!

Back