Elgol...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A shot from November '15 on one of my Skye workshops....conditions that day were very special, and will probably never be anywhere near as good ever again.....but that's what capturing moments are about! Soaking upon soaking as the squalls rolled in and over us, but perfect conditions for my style.

Elgol archives, Nov. 15 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Going turnesque, Martin? (y)(y)(y)

Beautiful shot, well worth reviving :)

Beautiful shot.

Going turnesque, Martin? (y)(y)(y)

It would be nice to be one day as famous Daniel, thank you, I'll take it as a compliment lol :D

What do you mean.... Watercolours? ;)

@Steelo Great shot Martin btw - my favourite style/subject mixed into one.

Thank you Barry, I love moody seascapes the best, and Elgol just always wins hands down :)

Beautiful shot, well worth reviving :)

Thank you gramps :)

Beautiful shot.

Thank you Jim :)

One of those that you can't really crit as it's just lovely the way it is. Gorgeous! (y)

Absolutely brilliant, Martin...no other words for it.

Hope you don't mind but I've shared this to a Facebook group I've set up called All Things Cuillin which has lots of photos and info and is attracting a lot of attention from photographers and artists, walkers and climbers among others.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

I hope you print this big Martin, It really is Elgol at its finest. The colours and the drama and just a lovely place to sit and enjoy the world as it spins on its axis.

That is extraordinary! Did your "pupils" do as well, I wonder?

They did, as this was more a photo tour of Skye than a workshop (otherwise my camera would have stayed in my bag) with everyone reasonably competent at taking photos and happy doing their own thing.

Absolutely brilliant, Martin...no other words for it.

Hope you don't mind but I've shared this to a Facebook group I've set up called All Things Cuillin which has lots of photos and info and is attracting a lot of attention from photographers and artists, walkers and climbers among others.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

Thats fine Adrian, thank you! I've requested to join the group also, thank you!

I hope you print this big Martin, It really is Elgol at its finest. The colours and the drama and just a lovely place to sit and enjoy the world as it spins on its axis.

Thanks Paul, I dare say this one will go to print....amazing what you leave lying untouched for almost two years though isn't it?! lol

One of those that you can't really crit as it's just lovely the way it is. Gorgeous! (y)

Thanks Dale :)

"Excellent" shot Sir, nothing more top be said.(y)

George.

It's an epic shot, simply staggering conditions and dramatic processing. The only bit I am not keen on, but appreciate it probably is a non issue larger or in print, but is the white hot spot in the swell to the right of the rock.

I LOVE when I see a photograph and don't have time to think before I go, "Yup, that work for me!".

This is wonderful. Very evocative, moody, muted tones and I'm really liking the light on the distant mountains.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

I LOVE when I see a photograph and don't have time to think before I go, "Yup, that work for me!".

This is wonderful. Very evocative, moody, muted tones and I'm really liking the light on the distant mountains.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

Thank you Andy :)

Wow that's a bit special.

Ok Ok - that's a LOT special!

Back