Email from Hermes

User.81858

Suspended / Banned
Name
Charles
Edit My Images
Yes
Ordered a replacement battery for my laptop on ebay last night. This morning got email from Hermes saying your order is on its way....yea.........click here to track ...... clicked and it says we have not yet received your order...:thinking::thinking:

clicked and it says we have not yet received your order

Quite normal…

The email was confirming they got the order to deliver
the CLICK said they haven't got the "to deliver" order yet.

They will get gold of it and then the click will say other message.

I stopped using Hermes when I sent a high value item including the correct insurance and requested a signature and all the did was leave it by the buyers front door in full view of the street, thankfully the buyer was honest!!!

Insert poop emoji, would only use for low value items.

Last edited:
I stopped using Hermes when I sent a high value item including the correct insurance and requested a signature and all the did was leave it by the buyers front door in full view of the street, thankfully the buyer was honest!!!
I have had that happen twice when receiving parcels (we live in the middle of Lincoln with no front garden), and once when they actually delivered to me in person. Small sample but a 67% failure rate.

Ordered a replacement battery for my laptop on ebay last night. This morning got email from Hermes saying your order is on its way....yea.........click here to track ...... clicked and it says we have not yet received your order...:thinking::thinking:

You buy a shipping label from hermes but it probably won't show in their tracking system until someone's scanned the label at pick up or drop off with a parcelshop.

Hermes can be a mixed bag, most of it depends on how good the guy actually delivering the parcels is, for example my local guy is great but I have a lot of problems getting them to properly deliver packages to flats (the recipient always says they never got a delivery attempt card and I believe them).

One important difference for me though is Hermes is actually pretty good on covering the value of items, they'll keep you waiting a few days but usually get on with it but compare that Royal Mail/Parcelforce where you have to save the packaging, send scans of the original receipt, also contact the recipient, refuse to cover the compensation value and demand you provide proof of the original value of that item. All nonsense to try and wriggle out of their obligation to cover the package. Shameful performance really.

I recently ordered from Amazon, my heart sank when I found it was to be delivered by Hermes, first delivery date came and went, nothing 2nd date the same
the next email I received was from Amazon telling me they had refunded my money as my address could not be found, and yet another part of the order was delivered by Amazon logistics with no problems whatsoever
In my experience My Hermes are rubbish.

Just to say I received my parcel a day early. Followed the tracking info and I am happy with Hermes.:)......may be I was lucky I had a patient delivery driver.

Just to say I received my parcel a day early. Followed the tracking info and I am happy with Hermes.:)......may be I was lucky I had a patient delivery driver.
more likely that you had experienced the generally good service provided by the company, but isn't reported on social media as much as the much fewer bad experiences

ive used them for years and no issues until 3 weeks ago, still trying to sort it out so never again!
Which proves the adage, it takes years to build a reputation but only seconds to destroy it.

I often ask a seller to throw my item in the local canal rather than use that company as I genuinely believe it would have more luck getting to me in one piece!!!

Chap says "I got hermes"
Dr "no you mean herpes"
chap " no hermes, I am a carrrier"

Well I got a delivery of some server memory fron DHL today - well DHL actually delivered it to the wrong address (a couple of streets away) but a very kind lady who knew the area actually made the final delivery to me!

So Kudos to her and not so much to DHL!

And apparently another delivery is coming by Yodel - so God knows if I'll ever see that - they're the reason I quit Amazon's Prime.

Last edited:
It depends on your local van person. When we lived near Watford all but DPD were rubbish. Here in Settle all are excellent. Know most of them by sight now, and they give me a wave as they pass me in the street even if they've nothing for me.

Amazon Logistics can be just as bad. I'm an occasional unpaid courier for them, when something lands on my doormat with an address in the next street. Once I had a card through the door claiming they'd 'delivered' my item to the recycling bin. Why they would think this was a good idea was unclear, especially as I hadn't ordered anything. A quick look in the nearest bins found nothing. Perhaps the delivery had already been recycled.

Funny enough I had a card through my door today from Herpes Hermes saying they had called to pick something up - what they came to pick up I do not know because I certainly haven't asked them to pick anything up.

I ordered some stuff from Amazon this morning for delivery tonight and I am currently doing the Amazon logistics dance with all 3 items at the moment - Dunfermline to Edinburgh depot (just down the road from me) to Glasgow from where it will be sent out for delivery :confused:

Back