Emilia's Eyes

Edit My Images
Yes
millie_BW_eyes_small.jpg

Yesterday, we bought a D300, an hour later I took some photos, ISO3200...woh!!

Edited from NEF using Capture NX, then photoshop, made two layers and applied a Hollywood Filter from Optikverve on the top layer, applied a layer mask and then revealed her eyes from the layer below.

:love:

I like that, cant understand exactly what you did in the PP stage but not sure that matters.....and is that the 'royal' we went and bought a D300 :naughty:

haha...yes 'we' as in me and him!

I wonder how long it will be til we need one each!

Would everyone stop posting pictures using a D300?!!!!! I'm getting tempted! It was Barry's fault I brought a D70 last time after he let me hold his D70!

Lovely work, Marianne.... everything about it really works well. (y)

That is one lovely photo, I like it a lot. The detail in the catchlight and the colour of the eyes really draw you in. :clap:

That's fantastic, technically and emotionally - and I keep asking myself, "what is she thinking?".

Only pedantic point, the stray hair over her right eye is slightly distracting, other than that it's superb.

That's fantastic, technically and emotionally - and I keep asking myself, "what is she thinking?".

Only pedantic point, the stray hair over her right eye is slightly distracting, other than that it's superb.

I know, the hair is a bit annoying but I was just too excited not to post this image!

I have got another few days with which to experiment with these little models!

Thank you for the comments..sorry Clive, you don't want to buy a D200 do you? :LOL:

Thanks Marianne for your offer!

I suspect you might need all the cameras for your forthcoming wedding to err Barry!

Hell even I'm tempted by the D300 :confused: lol
(OK maybe not completely, but I'm very impressed)

Lovely shot Marianne. the eyes just pop out at you. (In the nice way of course)

Lovely shot, the selective colour in her eyes really works well. I really like the grain in the image too :)

Look forward to seeing more of your shots :)

p.s. Don't think it'll be long before you'll 'need' a camera each :) when Garrie first got his I had a few shots of it, but the more I used it the more I 'needed' one myself lol :) (He ended up finiding he 'needed' a newer camera so I won a watch and inherited his one)

WOW!, That image really gets me, there is a kinda wonder what she is thinking at the same time she looks quite sad.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Very well done. The subtlety of the selective coloring is key to this portrait. I also admire that you have maintained the midtones in this image.

I find it hard to look at people and be captured. This captured me as a beautiful shot.. Its almost overwhelming.

Stunning photo. Definitely clone out that hair over the right eye, but otherwise that is utterly amazing. Wish I could take photos like that!

Well done Honey! They ought to see the one straight from the camera.....? Well, give or take the fact that it's RAW.... :shrug:

Bear in mind we'd not even bothered with looking at most of the settings.... one helluva a camera.... my turn now? .... pllleeeeeze! :bang:

Marianne you have a great eye and thats a lovely shot.......

Following on from Barry's comment it would be interesting to see the original to compare the before and after PP.

here's the untouched original...only converted to jpg...making the filesize small for this site has softened it somewhat...

millie_untouched.jpg

and just because I couldn't leave it at that here's the same shot with levels adjusted, a tiny bit of healing brish and a tiny bit of high pass sharpening.....

millie_levels_highpass_healingbrush.jpg

I have taken loads more whilst I was in Devon....maybe I'll be posting again? ;)

Marianne it would be lovely to see you and Barry posting more on TP.

Hope you're both well.

I missed this one! Congratulations on the camera, it's a great piece of kit. This is a lovely picture and the processing is almost spot on, I say almost because there appears to be a bit of blue hue to the whites of her eyes.

I had a quick go using my eye pop technique, I hope you don't mind, it doesn't address the hue I mentioned but it really make the eyes stand out.

millie_BW_eyes_small.jpg

Emilia's eyes actually do have that blue tinge to the edge where the Iris meets the whites. I realise now that I have simply revealed a bit too much of the white of her eye using the layer mask. I'm just off to look at that tutorial Colin, it looks great! :)

I missed this the first time around... what a beautiful shot. Looks like we're in for a treat once you get going with your new toy!

Hmmmm.... when I first saw this shot it was in Capture NX and it was captured using 14bit colour depth. It literal oozed tonal quality on the monitor.

Now I know why I hate making qualitative statements and judgements based on Internet browsers :( There is just no way an 8bit jpeg can begin to compare to the roundness and total tonal quality of a 14bit raw file. Grrrr :bang:

Thank you for sharing the original with us Marianne, its goods to see the before and after processing, and even in 8bit you can still see the quality.

Hope to see you more of your work soon.

Lee :)

i'm speechless, her eyes are so intense, they've given me goose bumbs!

Excellent, well done

What a captivating and thought provoking image ( in B & W). I love it, my favourite photo on here today.

Stunning capture and processing!

I am unsure how I have missed this Marianne ... :cautious: ... and you (& Baz ... :D) come to that ... :shrug:

But now I have seen it it is quite clear you still have that magic eye ... (y) ... as does your subject in this image ... ;) ... absolutely stunning shot marred only by the stray hair mentioned earlier ... :thinking:

:p

Very nice shot! You are right, modern sensors are so good at high ISO now. I regularly shoot at 3200.

The only thing that very slightly bothers me about this photo is that the whites of her eyes appear a little blue. Otherwise great effort! :)

Back