End of Kodak slide

Some times technology reaches a peak and what replaces it is a lesser product, so this seems like the end of the line for a technology peak, such a shame, but I supose they are a commercial organisation and if its not profitable it doesnt matter how good it is then its time to pack it off.

Matt

Isn't this old news? I'm on my phone so I can't find the thread easily, but I'm sure someone (possibly even me) posted already about this.

Some times technology reaches a peak and what replaces it is a lesser product, so this seems like the end of the line for a technology peak, such a shame, but I supose they are a commercial organisation and if its not profitable it doesnt matter how good it is then its time to pack it off.

Matt

They're not profitable full stop. The pioneers of digital - shafted by their own invention.

And Freecom - I know it was released at beginning of month - just found out about it, and could see no mention here.:bonk:

Print film is picking up but slide film never really recovered.

Andy

Although Kodak are still retaining their single motion picture reveral stock as its popular for cross processing, in the days of digital intermediate film editing it doesn't present a problem with having to have multiple inter positives and inter negatives with quality degrading every step, to get a release print and those using Super 8 such as film students like it as well because its cheap and easy to use.
The stocks similar to E-100VS so if anyone wants to buy a 400' reel for about £350 and cut it down into 36 exposure cartridges go ahead I'll buy some! You would get about 40 out of that 400'. I was quite fond of E-100VS as it was saturated like Velvia 100 but a bit more subtle with skin tones looking natural.

Back