B&W Ensign Selfix 16-20 Model 1 with Ensar Lens. Fomapan 200

Interesting set of images. They seem to include "artifacts" that I have found on my Fomapan 200 images (from 120 film).
Coincidentally, I'm trying to finish a roll in my new-to-me 16-20 (Rosstar lens) today. I hope that they come out as well as yours, but as it is also a Fomapan 200 roll, maybe I should I expect some similar artifacts.

Very nicely done Keith.

Have you spotted the black and white photos thread? I think it's mostly digital but I'm sure people would appreciate you showing us how it should be done :D

If you are interested here it is...

Those came out well, and are nicely composed. I must put some film through mine!

I thought at first the artifacts were dust, but dust on negs scans as white, so this must be from the dodgy batch of Fomapan 200 I read about where somethin goes on with the emulsion. Now that I have a scanning solution I am keen to try out some Ilford stock. Thanks for the kind comments.

I thought at first the artifacts were dust, but dust on negs scans as white, so this must be from the dodgy batch of Fomapan 200 I read about where somethin goes on with the emulsion. Now that I have a scanning solution I am keen to try out some Ilford stock. Thanks for the kind comments.

I think in your place I'd call it added character :D

I've never done very well with Formapan I always get strange marks and scratches they are processed by professional labs, as a cheap film I've always done better with Kentmere by Ilford.
That said other than the few bits on the first ones they look fantastic.

I was GIVEN 2 of those Ensign Selfix;s with ENSAR lens then also one with 'Rosstar' I get those 'black strands' on edges which are in the Film Gate NOT FOMA Film trouble . I have never had trouble with FOMA Pan 200 on the few rolls I have tried BUT now the ROSSTAR Selfix has developed Bellows Pin Holes which I have tried to cover with Matt Black Paint - what a shame . I did get a 20x16" Exhibition Print off the ENSAR lens on outdated ORWO NP22 film , processed and darkroom printed by myself and won the Landscape / Seascape/ Skyscape Trophy at Brentwood Photographic Club with it. ( Can't AFFORD 20x16 Paper any more !! )

I was GIVEN 2 of those Ensign Selfix;s with ENSAR lens then also one with 'Rosstar' I get those 'black strands' on edges which are in the Film Gate NOT FOMA Film trouble . I have never had trouble with FOMA Pan 200 on the few rolls I have tried BUT now the ROSSTAR Selfix has developed Bellows Pin Holes which I have tried to cover with Matt Black Paint - what a shame . I did get a 20x16" Exhibition Print off the ENSAR lens on outdated ORWO NP22 film , processed and darkroom printed by myself and won the Landscape / Seascape/ Skyscape Trophy at Brentwood Photographic Club with it. ( Can't AFFORD 20x16 Paper any more !! )
I watched your video shortly after I was given this camera, Peter. I understand there was a bad batch of Fomapan 200 and I was unlucky to get a roll from it. I am going to try a different film in the camera and I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

Back