Eos 400d (silly season again)

LOL. Good find Spencer! I'll move it to news.:)

06082301le2.jpg

06082302li8.jpg

06082303gm0.jpg

^^ I WANT THAT!!

Interesting about the self "cleaning" sensor. If it's right then it would be reasonable to expect it on say a 40D etc in the future. Still no spot metering though.

If the 70-200 with IS is reasonably priced I'd expect a lot to upgrade as well, which could put a lot of cheap non IS onto the second hand market, I'd happily pick one of them up again.

Well the 50mm L lens was on the cards... been rumoured for ages that it would be an F1, but even at f1.2, I don't suppose it's gonna be cheap!

nice find Spence

So then. This is the big August Canon doo dar? That 50mm f/1.2 does look very very tempting. *sells car* The self cleaning sensor also looks good. I can imagine a 40D would have it in a years time. I'm looking at getting a 30D in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping this is all the news there is. Its annoying sitting around going "Hmmmmm another day? Should I wait just another day to be safe?" :D I don't think its worth waiting another year for the 40D as I've already waited 2 for the 20/30D :)

It really does feel like Nikon are making cameras for photographers and Canon are making them for sales :(

Still no spot metering? :D

"The sensor has an ultrasonic dust removal feature" - hmm, wonder where it removes it to? Eventually back onto the sensor I guess :p

Looking into possible upgrades at the moment and on the list of requirements would be spot metering - that I would find useful, dust removal TBH I find a bit of a gimmick, it can only work in the least severe of circumstances and even then its not fool proof.

Guess it still looks like I'll still be chasing a 30D, with a 5D as the far outsider.

"environmental mount Seal" on the 70-200, now that does make it interesting.

Back