Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Park have them too with some good offers!

A friend was getting one delivered today for his daughter, I might get a chance to have a look at it over the weekend.

I got the Wex email too just wishing I could afford it!

We had a play with the 6D and we loved it. So sharp, so nice!!!!!

I like the idea of being able to fully control the camera via your phone. it's ultimately pretty pointless, but kind of an interesting waste of technology.

Although; I guess it may be usefull for landscape togs, or people with a camera set up away from themselves... I'm not sure, not a feature that i'd need.

Not enough of a price difference to warrent getting one over the 5d III though...

Last edited:
Kai from digital rev tv has his hands on review here

I'm not normally Kai's biggest fan but it is refreshing to hear someone talking sense about the 6D and the feature set. I would be very tempted by one if I hadn't already got a 5Dmkii as I don't think there is enough to warrant the change of bodies for a 5Dmkii user.

I'm not normally Kai's biggest fan but it is refreshing to hear someone talking sense about the 6D and the feature set. I would be very tempted by one if I hadn't already got a 5Dmkii as I don't think there is enough to warrant the change of bodies for a 5Dmkii user.

Interesting vid. Did you notice one of his wi-fi contacts on his phone was 'c*ntflaps'... :LOL:

I've been waiting for a smaller form full frame with built in flash from Canon but instantly dismissed the 6D when I read that the max shutter speed is 1/4000. I love shooting with wide apertures but hate messing on with ND's and 1/4000 means often being limited to f2.8 or smaller :thumbsdown: Downer Dude :thumbsdown: And it hasn't got a flash.

I'm hard to please.

I've been waiting for a smaller form full frame with built in flash from Canon but instantly dismissed the 6D when I read that the max shutter speed is 1/4000. I love shooting with wide apertures but hate messing on with ND's and 1/4000 means often being limited to f2.8 or smaller :thumbsdown: Downer Dude :thumbsdown: And it hasn't got a flash.

I'm hard to please.

The flash thing I get, but it doesn't bother me, I never use one these days.

The 1/4000 thing? It's about $1000 difference to go from 6d to 5diii - that's a hell of an expensive ND4! ;)

Ash. said:
I don't think he thinks he's funnier than he is. He just doesn't appear to take himself that seriously...

The guy doesn't take ANYTHING seriously.

Watched a comparison review the other day and I don't know how many times he was on his phone. Not someone I will serious at all if he can't do his job properly.

Andy, what lens did you try on it? How was the af?

We tried the 24-105 f/4L and the AF was pretty fast and deadly accurate!! It's a nice camera to use, simple but effective!

I was going to look at one today, but couldn't as my local camera shop only had fully sealed boxes of both the kits, I look forward to trying one out at some point. For me I reckon it would be a great camera. I want great iq and really good high iso capabilities for inside. I like the idea of the camera controlled apps to.

Think I am going buy a 6d as I love the canon layout and decided to stick with canon was going Nikon but tried some today and hated the layout of buttons etc.

I've just ordered mine from Panamoz (at an incredible price!) and hoping to have it for next week :)

Key features I'm looking for as an upgrade to my original 5D are:

1. Better LCD screen
2. Improved high ISO performance
3. Light weight and smaller size
4. Better central AF point
5. Ability to set minimum shutter speed
6. Lens micro adjustments
7. GPS!
8. Wifi baby!

Will post some pictures once it's arrived. Who else is joining me?

michael23 said:
Just come across this video about the eos app for the 6d.

It fantastic I've used it :)

Have you committed to buy one then?

Ohhh Yes I am a proud owner of one.

LOVE IT

It the best I have had up to date. I even like it better than the 7D I had in all honesty.. The iphone App remote is cool used it while on the moor in this cold weather using my phone as a remote is just soo cool

SixToes said:
The flash thing I get, but it doesn't bother me, I never use one these days.

The 1/4000 thing? It's about $1000 difference to go from 6d to 5diii - that's a hell of an expensive ND4! ;)

But lower end Canons can shoot 1/8000?

Here just a couple. Not had the weather to take proper landscape yet. The I am showing here is from yesterday when trying things out so it a moody day image

The 2nd image is being creative while the friend driving

IMG_0331-Edit-Edit.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

IMG_0322.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

But lower end Canons can shoot 1/8000?

Never used such high shutter speed so that dont bother me. But the quality out of this camera is BRILL I really do love it.

It already making me want to buy a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS MKII for it as it such a lovely sharp camera

rookies said:
Never used such high shutter speed so that dont bother me. But the quality out of this camera is BRILL I really do love it.

It already making me want to buy a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS MKII for it as it such a lovely sharp camera

I only ever use it for taking pics of shooting sessions (pics of various things exploding!), its essential for that sort of stuff but other than that...

It's arrived :)

1032__MG_9133_1.jpg

Am I on my lonesome? :LOL:

Thanks Andy, the camera is built well but nice and light compared to my 5D (original).

The screen is incredible, even nicer than that of the 60D. AF seems OK under horrible lighting. I'm really struggling to get used to the image review and zoom buttons though...not a fan yet! And don't get me started on having to use Canon DPP software!

I've run a very quick high ISO test, to demonstrate high ISO and the effect of pushing the exposure in DPP.

All shots are processed with no luminance noise reduction and +5 chroma noise reduction. I pushed each shot by 0.5 stop and 2 stops to see whether there was banding or other issues.

ISO 1600 + 0.5 stop

ISO 1600 pushed 0.5 stop by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

ISO 1600 + 2 stops

ISO 1600 pushed 2 stops by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

ISO 3200 + 0.5 stop

ISO 3200 pushed 0.5 stop by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

ISO 3200 + 2 stops

ISO 3200 pushed 2 stops by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

Larger images can be opened on Flickr :)

Sounds like you're loving it so far! Thanks for the sample images - any chance of doing samples at ISO 3200, 6400 and 12800 shot with +1/3 EC and then converted with default DPP NR settings?

Also do you have any more real-world high ISO stuff, ideally portrait?

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading my 60D if the extra noise handling and DR makes it worthwhile!

Thanks - and enjoy the new camera!

Why there another 6d thread there already a 3 page one.

Can a mod merge them please as be good keep all details in one thread

I am a very happy 6d user too and there images on the other thread too

Back