Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Doesn't look like there are any major additions, just little fixes.
One thing I've found from my day job in IT over the last 25 years : manufacturer release notes are rarely if ever complete. (Applies to software, firmware, BIOS, drivers on PC, PBX, Routers, Switches, Firewalls,... See no earthly reason it won't also apply to cameras)

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
It's always good to get a nice fresh one when you buy a camera, so I'm pleased your 6D II carried the latest firmware. Hope you enjoy using it. (y)

No disrespect, patronisation or offence meant at all (as some people have mentioned the 6D II in the posts above) but this is a thread dedicated to the original 6D (Mk 1). I'm not trying to be 'mark-ist' (if that description even exists o_O) but if we don't keep to some classification in the various forum sections then it's probably going to get rather confusing for anyone wanting to find information about a specific make or model of camera. Thought I'd better mention that as I believe a 6D II thread exists on the TP forum.
Thats strange.
Looking under the "All the Camera Owners Threads" I can only see 6D listed, and not a separate forum for the Mk2.
Other models, such as the 5D and 7D have separate forums for different Mk's, but there doesn't seem to be one listed for the 6D Mk2.
Speaking from experience, the two versions are so similar, I cannot see the point of a separate forum and I don't see it as being a source of confusion.

Edit My Images
Yes
Thats strange.
Looking under the "All the Camera Owners Threads" I can only see 6D listed, and not a separate forum for the Mk2.
Other models, such as the 5D and 7D have separate forums for different Mk's, but there doesn't seem to be one listed for the 6D Mk2.
Speaking from experience, the two versions are so similar, I cannot see the point of a separate forum and I don't see it as being a source of confusion.
It's catered for in the following thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/canon-eos-6d-mk2-owners-thread.656751/

So let's keep this thread for the original 6D, which, without a flip out screen and duel pixel stuff is pretty much a totally different camera, despite the results from it allegedly being fairly similar to that of the 6D II. We'll all know where we are then, and 6D owners won't have to sift through a probably increasing amount of posts about the 6D II to find something relevant to their camera. (y)

In fact, perhaps one of the moderators can add the 6D Mk2 thread above to the All Camera Owners Threads? @Cobra @TheBigYin ?

Last edited: