EOS 7D - Hints And Tips.

I use it maybe not as ofter as i should. Canon said theres nothink wrong woth it though....

I just ordered a meike battery grip for my 7D and it came with 4 generic batteries and they work without having to accept them and show the battery info. And they charge in the canon charger with no problems. Must of been lucky I guess.

I had one of these on my 550D for 18 months with no issues, infact its still on it and using the same 3p batteries. Might get one for the 7D. I miss the extra buttons. :)

Just incase anyone didn't know you can save different Al Servo Tracking Sensitivities when saving settings in C1, C2 and C3

Some good tips here for a new 7D owner, Cheers everyone

There will be a teeny-tiny difference because an ISO160 shot is actually captured at ISO200 and the exposure reduced in-camera.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I am not a pixel peeper and rarely crop dramatically so doesn't seem to be a problem I need to worry about!

Got my 7D, 15-85 and 70-200 sat next to me along with various other accessories (grip, tripod, bag, filters etc. Absolutely killing me as I promised myself I wouldn't open them till christmas day as a present to myself :)

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I am not a pixel peeper and rarely crop dramatically so doesn't seem to be a problem I need to worry about!

Got my 7D, 15-85 and 70-200 sat next to me along with various other accessories (grip, tripod, bag, filters etc. Absolutely killing me as I promised myself I wouldn't open them till christmas day as a present to myself :)

What's a couple of days? Go on, open it up and have a play. ;)You need to familiarise yourself with it before capturing those all important and irreplaceable Xmas day moments! :D

What's a couple of days? Go on, open it up and have a play. ;)You need to familiarise yourself with it before capturing those all important and irreplaceable Xmas day moments! :D

+1 for me, after all, you need to charge the battery as a minimum(y)

Good thread! New 7d owner here :d

Great thread just reread it
I've been using 7 day shop batteries for a while now and they are great
Both the Canon and 7day shop ones always last a full day shooting stills and video with my 100-400 lens

One tip I will add is expose to the right
The noise issues that the 7D is supposed to have in my opinion are caused by underexposure :)

Any portrait 7D users? What AF do you use? Iam getting slightly confused with all the options if Iam honest!

Any portrait 7D users? What AF do you use? Iam getting slightly confused with all the options if Iam honest!

One shot.

Spot AF on the eye.

Lbm said:
One shot.

Spot AF on the eye.

Cheers, pretty much what I use already. But for friends kids and my niece I use high speed continuous.

If it's kids whizzing about, then yes Hi speed continuous.

I was thinking you meant people posing and keeping relatively still :)

Back