EOS Utility won't up load images from camera to PC

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys for some reason I can't seem to upload my images from camera to PC. Never been much of a problem before,but tonight when I hover the mouse over "starts to download images" the previous illuminates ,so presumably the software knows there are images to down load but left clicky yeild nothing apart from a red illuminated BUSY sign in the bottom left corner of EOS utility.

Any ideas please? I have tried turning camera on and off. Turned PC on and off tried accessing EOS utility by different routes so far have drawn a blank.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts

take care

Stu

I have yet to find any application that is an improvement on a simple copy \ paste

Have you tried removing the card and then re inserting it ? Id also try a different cable, just in case that's the problem. Personally I'd use a card reader rather than download from the camera. These aren't expensive and tend to provide a more reliable transfer method

Redsnappa please forgive I don't understand your post at all. Could you please elaborate for me.

John /Chappers,yes I have tried removing the card just as per your instruction sadly no joy. I'll look into card readers John ,up until this point I have only had one little problem,so it's been pretty reliable so far. John I'm no great shakes with computers does the card reader remove the need for the uploading part of the EOS utility completely. I haven't another cable sadlyb,ut with the utility showing a "glowing starts to down load images" does that not point to the cable being ok,

Lennard it's a 1Div sorry mate it didn't occur that it might be something to do with the camera.

Thanks ALL for taking the time,tis much appreciated:) !! Really frustrating as I have some images I really want to look at from yesterday.

Stu

Stu
The card reader will upload using the EOS utility if you want. It should simply see the card in the reader rather than the camera. The operation is the same. You might want to download another version of the utility from the Canon web site. Delete th one you have and re install just in case the utility has become corrupt ( it happens)

JC

Redsnappa please forgive I don't understand your post at all. Could you please elaborate for me.
Once you have plugged in you camera or card reader, navigate to where the image files are located. Highlight and copy the images files you wish to have copied to your computer. Now paste the image files to the folder on your hard drive where you choose your image files to be saved.

Last edited:
Red thanks buddy,I'm actually back to where I need to be now,but it's always cool to hear how others do all this !! Their way may well be better tis the same as the camera I guess really appreciate the help mate

John did exactly that binned the old uploaded a new from Canon and can now chill and look at a very very bedraggled Kes ha and try and work out this crap light high iso stuff .

Thanks for the help and thoughts guys

Stu

Back