Epson 1670 Scanner/ windows 10

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an old pc which runs XP, which I don't use much except for photographic purposes, or not connected to the internet, I have been thinking about changing to a Windows 10, but the problem is I have an Epson 1670 scanner connected and which I don't want to lose, does anyone know if there is a way to update the scanner to be able to work on a W10 please? Sorry for the basic language, and before anyone suggests it, I can't afford to buy a new scanner as well as I also have to get a new laptop, thank you,

According to this page it is W10 compatible

https://www.epson.eu/viewcon/corporatesite/kb/index/1011

When I select from the drop-downs Scanner ,> Perfection Series > Perfection 1670

I read this:-
Compatibility details for Epson Perfection 1670

Your product is Windows 10 compatible. Please check your driver version or download the latest driver if necessary.

Epson Scan Driver: Please use v3.041 or later.

Click Here to visit the Epson support and download page. We recommend downloading and installing the latest drivers.

HTH :)

PS though unless W10 picks the scanner up and uses defaults W10 Epson drivers, you will likely need to ones downloadable from the "click here" in the info on the page I linked to and in the copied & pasted bit above.
Note ~ when I click on the linky the page auto detects I am using W10 64 bit....................so if you want download W10 updated drivers in readiness................don't forget to change OS selection as appropriate from the dropdown on that driver page ;)

Last edited:
If the previous suggestion doesn’t work, then Irfanview might.

I have an old pc which runs XP, which I don't use much except for photographic purposes, or not connected to the internet, I have been thinking about changing to a Windows 10, but the problem is I have an Epson 1670 scanner connected and which I don't want to lose, does anyone know if there is a way to update the scanner to be able to work on a W10 please? Sorry for the basic language, and before anyone suggests it, I can't afford to buy a new scanner as well as I also have to get a new laptop, thank you,
If the other suggestions don't work, try Vuescsn. Great software for all scanners.

Back