Epson Free a2 print

Messages
2,055
Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
#1
Tried a quick search and could not find this anywhere, if it has already been posted my apologies for this and I also hope this does not contravene any rules, just trying to be of some help to anyone that may be interested.
Epson are promoting a range of printers and will print any picture (as long as it meets there requirements) up to the size of A2. I have already sent my photo in and have received conformation that I should receive my A2 print within the next couple of days. It is very simple to resize any photo that does not meet the size or Epson also do the option of smaller prints. You need to back up any picture to a cd and post it off all the relevant info is on there site and all it cost me was 42p postage and about 7p for the cd. So for less than 50p you could have an A2 print of your favourite phot, which is a lot less than getting it enlarged anywhere.
Hope this helps someone.
http://www.epson.co.uk/4000sample/
 

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Messages
15,697
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
#2
I signed up for that a couple of months ago, still haven't found a shot good enough to have printed though!
 

Matt

Staff member
Messages
37,550
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
#3
Thats a great link, thanks very much.....now to find a good picture...
 
S

Steve

Guest
#4
Steep said:
I signed up for that a couple of months ago, still haven't found a shot good enough to have printed though!
That's my excuse as well, I also signed up but can't decide on which picture to actually get printed. Does anyone know if this offer expires once you have registered?
 

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
#8
I have just registered for a free print, I have choose the canvas finish for my print.

Has anyone else gone for this option and received it back?
Can you tell me what your thoughts of the finish is?

I will let you know how I get on with mine as soon as it arrives back to me.
 
S

Steve

Guest
#9
Matt said:
I have just registered for a free print, I have choose the canvas finish for my print.

Has anyone else gone for this option and received it back?
Can you tell me what your thoughts of the finish is?

I will let you know how I get on with mine as soon as it arrives back to me.
I chose the same finish but 2 months down the line has still not yet sent my picture off. I really must get my act together and decide on a image. :shock:
 

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
#10
I sent my image for printing yesterday afternoon, and have received an email from epson today.
The image has been printed and I should receive my print in the next couple of days.

Can't wait to see the result.
 

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Messages
14,116
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
#13
Messages
212
Edit My Images
Yes
#14
Oh wicked! I'd completely forgotten about this offer. I actually have a couple of photos I'd love printing on canvas, so I'll get one sent off :D
 

Matt

Staff member
Messages
37,550
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
#15
Kate said:
Oh wicked! I'd completely forgotten about this offer. I actually have a couple of photos I'd love printing on canvas, so I'll get one sent off :D
Not a big hairy spider i hope! :shock:
 
Messages
212
Edit My Images
Yes
#16
EosD said:
Kate said:
Oh wicked! I'd completely forgotten about this offer. I actually have a couple of photos I'd love printing on canvas, so I'll get one sent off :D
Not a big hairy spider i hope! :shock:
Funny you should say that..... hehe naaah. I have some nice black and whites I was messing around with at the weekend. Might look nice on canvas :)
 

Matt

Staff member
Messages
37,550
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
#17
cool..why not post them?
 

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
#18
I received my print today.

I have to say that the service offered by Epson is magnificent.
I posted the image on Monday afternoon and received it back today.

From the choices of print media I chose the waterproof canvas, and I must say it looks fantastic.
Its already on my wall. :D

I had the image below printed.
 

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Staff member
Messages
14,778
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
#19
I bet they loved doing that image :D

[Epson print dude] Christ !!!!!! that things going to kill the black ink carts[/Epson print dude]

I've registered for the canvas too, whats it like with regards to texture/reflection etc?
 

Matt

Staff member
Messages
37,550
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
#20
ive gone for semi satin pro thing finsih, need to pic a suitably arty nice image now...

anyone got one i can have? ///lol/////
 

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
#22
digitalfailure said:
I bet they loved doing that image :D

[Epson print dude] Christ !!!!!! that things going to kill the black ink carts[/Epson print dude]

I've registered for the canvas too, whats it like with regards to texture/reflection etc?
I thought that aswell :D

The canvas is what it says 'canvas', it has a satin finsh. Its also waterproof.
 
Messages
825
Edit My Images
Yes
#23
EosD said:
ive gone for semi satin pro thing finsih, need to pic a suitably arty nice image now...

anyone got one i can have? ///lol/////

i got a few, just pm me m8 :p

MyPix
 
S

Steve

Guest
#25
Well I finally got round to choosing a photograph, editing and sizing it to the right dimensions and sending it off to Epson.

I chose an arty picture that I took of my girlfriend, did a black and white conversion on it and enlarged it at 300dpi and 16bit in Extensis from the original uncropped 20D file. I had already registered for Epson's canvas print previously but due to not having a suitable picture until now, only sent of my CD containing the 78mb file on Wednesday.

Today the postman has kindly handed me my print...allowing a day each way for post it took them a whole day to turn this around, for a free service that is unbelievable!!

What is even more unbelievable is the quality of the print. The definition and detail it contains has left me totally speechless. The gradients are flawless, the colour reproduction (remember I edited to B&W) is also very accurate and the canvas texture really suits my chosen subject. As you will probably have worked out by now I am extremely happy with the results and would recommend anyone that hasn't already applied for this free offer to do so straight away while it is still on.

I have a question though..As it is canvas and lightfast for 75 years (will last longer than me) it would be a shame to put it in a glass fronted frame. Does anyone know of anywhere that stretches canvas prints over frames so that I can hang it on the wall "as is"? If not what other options can you recommend?

I chose the A2 print by the way in case that has any bearing on any information I may receive back. :)
 

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
#26
I'm glad you finally found a suitable image mate.

I have a couple more I want doing, so have asked my parents and other family members to register.:D

Your local picture framer may be able to provide the service your after.
 
OP
OP
KenCo
Messages
2,055
Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
#27
Matt said:
I have a couple more I want doing, so have asked my parents and other family members to register.
Thinking of doing that myself, especially now iv'e got a decent camera. Just need to be able to take a decent picture now. :)
 

CT

TPer Emeritus
Messages
28,411
Edit My Images
Yes
#28
Steve said:
I have a question though..As it is canvas and lightfast for 75 years (will last longer than me) it would be a shame to put it in a glass fronted frame. Does anyone know of anywhere that stretches canvas prints over frames so that I can hang it on the wall "as is"? If not what other options can you recommend?

I chose the A2 print by the way in case that has any bearing on any information I may receive back. :)
I think Colab - the lab I used to use, does a canvas over wood service and it's pretty reasonable too. The things which kill prints are UV light - although 75 years is good, I'd say hang it away from a window where it wont get direct sunlight - and airborne pollutants getting at the surface of the print. You can get non reflective glass now which is pretty good and does protect the print from pollution. The other thing is to completely seal the back of the frame with some wide tape for the same reason.


http://www.colab.com/
 
Top