Epson Scan

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Just been trying to scan a roll of film and mid scan its gone wrong. I was scanning 2 frames, the first finished fine but as it got to the end of 2nd it just sat at the end and didnt do anything. I canceled it and the tiff file said the image was corrupted. Now doing anything in epson scan takes ages, just chaning from colour film to b&w takes 10secs. Just scanning one frame of 120 and it says it will take 33min at 3200dpi....

Have you tried restarting the computer, or resetting the epson scan settings to default by clicking the configuration button at the bottom and selecting reset all?

It may help. Maybe a cache has built up and something is kind of stuck in it causing issues.

its the software for sure, just tried the free trial of vuescan and it worked.
Ive just deleted it so going to restart and reinstall it. I havew restarted my computer while it was installed but it still didnt work

nope didnt work and now its taking 2min just to generate the preview images, dont know whats going on

Have you tried plugging the scanner into a different USB port. I've not had it running slow but I have had it complain it couldn't find the scanner and plugging it into another port worked.

I've not seen this specific problem before but I do find EpsonScan a bit unstable, in that it often stops working totally after a Windows Update.

If you had ICE turned on, then 33 mins for a 120 scan at 3200dpi doesn't sound all that unusual, at least on my old computer.

I've not seen this specific problem before but I do find EpsonScan a bit unstable, in that it often stops working totally after a Windows Update.

If you had ICE turned on, then 33 mins for a 120 scan at 3200dpi doesn't sound all that unusual, at least on my old computer.

I too have found Epson Scan to be a bit unstable. Sometimes it loses the scanner and then when you open the separate settings program to locate it again the settings prog just hangs every single time. End up having to uninstall and reinstall the whole lot.

i never use ICE. Its always worked fine then messed up mid scan, no idea why, deleted it and re installed it, still the same

Have you tried plugging the scanner into a different USB port. I've not had it running slow but I have had it complain it couldn't find the scanner and plugging it into another port worked.
I havent because its not the scanner, i used vuescan and it worked fine

But I believe vuescan has it's own drivers, may be worth a try, it doesn't cost a lot :)
tried plugging it into a different usb port, doesnt work.
I kind of resent paying for software because the manufactures software doesnt work

tried plugging it into a different usb port, doesnt work.
I kind of resent paying for software because the manufactures software doesnt work

h'mm a puzzle... well I've used three Epson scanners and had no problems with Epson software, but then I usually scan jpg....once last year did scan for tiffs on the V750 and it was ok, but never tried it with the cheaper models.

h'mm a puzzle... well I've used three Epson scanners and had no problems with Epson software, but then I usually scan jpg....once last year did scan for tiffs on the V750 and it was ok, but never tried it with the cheaper models.
is so strange, especially as it happened mid scan. Just going to remove every pieve of epson software and try on last time, after that im all out of ideas

is so strange, especially as it happened mid scan. Just going to remove every pieve of epson software and try on last time, after that im all out of ideas

A suggestion... go to Epson UK support and download the driver\software for your model..after uninstaling the one you have now.

Epson scan software is crap. On my Mac if you click san it sits and does nothing until you move the mouse. No idea how it performs on windows Burton a Mac it’s terrible. Going to buy Vue scan shortly. I’ve been using the trial recently and it works very well.

A suggestion... go to Epson UK support and download the driver\software for your model..after uninstaling the one you have now.
Done, short or emailing Epson I’ve done everything I can think of that would logically fix it

Epson scan software is crap. On my Mac if you click san it sits and does nothing until you move the mouse. No idea how it performs on windows Burton a Mac it’s terrible. Going to buy Vue scan shortly. I’ve been using the trial recently and it works very well.
I tried vuescan using the trial and I really didn’t like it. The one frame of ektar I scanned using Epson scan looked great colour wise. The same using vuescan came out so blue and I couldn’t get it anywhere near the Epson scan

One piece of software I used to use was called Silverfast. There was a free/cheap version.

Dear god I thought it was just me... I've gotta have the 'scanning' bar on screen the whole time because if I put something over it, the software reckons the reflective mat is suddenly in place.
It does produce some nice scans though

I found Silverfast much better at colour than Vuescan, but I agree with you that you shouldn't be paying for software that doesn't work. Get in touch with Epson, you might not get anywhere but you never know. Also make sure the device driver is uninstalled when you uninstall things - how would you know? If after the uninstall Windows still recognises the scanner as a scanner and doesn't prompt you to find software when you plug the scanner in, the driver is still installed

I sometimes get bouts of slow scanning with my Plustek (driven by Vuescan Pro). Generally the only solution is to pack up for the evening and try again next day. Usually fine!

well just tried it on a laptop and it works, my scanner that is. so its the softwre on my pc, very weird

Nice cheers :). I had my mate over tonight whose a lot better at that, he thinks there’s a little bit left over but couldn’t fix it either. I’ll try that software later

Windows has a registry and looked at mine and Epson is in there, well revo uninstaller should clear it out....if you want to look at the registry just type in regedit in the cortana search at bottom left...just look at don't do anything and close.
Anyway we are scraping the barrel now for an answer and hope it works for you.

Windows has a registry and looked at mine and Epson is in there, well revo uninstaller should clear it out....if you want to look at the registry just type in regedit in the cortana search at bottom left...just look at don't do anything and close.
Anyway we are scraping the barrel now for an answer and hope it works for you.
Ta, I’ll be doing it today. My mate did say that it would probably work if I made another profile on the pc, so looks like I’ll have a scanning only profile...annoying

Ta, I’ll be doing it today. My mate did say that it would probably work if I made another profile on the pc, so looks like I’ll have a scanning only profile...annoying

On the Epson website an answer for slow scanning h'mm a new one for me as I've never bothered.

"If scanning is taking a long time using the Epson Scan software, we recommend checking your firewall or antivirus software as they can be the main causes for slow or inaccurate scans.
We recommend that you check the standard firewall settings for your antivirus software and add an exception for Epson Scan (escndv.exe)"

https://www.epson.eu/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/5253

cheers for trying but even that programme didnt work! Im DOOMED! it worked on m girlfriends laptop yesterday though so going to make a new profile on my pc and see if that works. If not then ill just ave to scan on the laptop and stick them on a usb to transfer

cheers for trying but even that programme didnt work! Im DOOMED! it worked on m girlfriends laptop yesterday though so going to make a new profile on my pc and see if that works. If not then ill just ave to scan on the laptop and stick them on a usb to transfer

Oh well the positive side is:- if your computer is less than about 9 years old, has 4gigs of memory and plenty of room on your hard drive...then Epson scan must work. :rolleyes:
If your computer doesn't boot up fairly fast and other programs are slow then it's usually the computers memory playing up i.e. the tracks on the sticks of memory in the computer sometimes need a clean by pulling them out and putting them back in...win 10 has a memory checker but strange doesn't have a Epson scanner checker for problems in hardware.
If you find the answer don't forget to let us know (y)

Back