Equipment for a wedding - amateur photographer

You've got the flash sorted which is good so I'd suggest using just one lens in the range of 18-70mm or so. Shooting weddings is tough enough without keep chopping and changing kit so I'd stick to one lens, know its limitations and work within them. You should still be able to get all the key shots, some better than others but I'm sure that'll be fine.

It was same scenario for me for a wedding I shot last week, I used my 18-70 for that and it did a good enough job for everything I was after including in the [ photographically ] horribly lit registry office [ did some with and without flash as the registrar allowed it on the day ].

To the OP, I only had the built in flash to use on my camera, [ Nikon D40 ], when I did test shots in the reception venue I got some nasty shadows until I folded a napkin and put it over the flash which diffused it nicely, still giving plenty of light but without being so harsh and stopped the shadows that were being thrown on far walls without the napkin - well `needs must` and it did the job :LOL:

Right I had some trouble uploading the photos... think I've cracked it. We'll soon see. Here I go again...!

Umm nope it still doesn't like me. I'll get there in the end...

Well done Tori, I hope you enjoyed the day, looking forward to seeing some of your images.

OK well I still can't work out how to put the photos directly onto this reply but there's 5 in my gallery for you to see from the wedding. I've specifically not put bride & groom photos on there, but you can see a few of what I did anyway.

Back