'Er indoors has granted me permission for an all expenses paid trip to iceland

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
By myself :D

I think we're all a bit Walter Mitty but I just loved the film - not only the fact do I love using a long board (street surfing) but the whole country just pulls me. I love how baron it is and uneven but yet it has so much interest so I gave her the trembling lip (30th birthday is imminent)

Anyone else ever ventured alone? I'm hiring a car for 5 days and planning on a February visit - I know I will miss the aurora but that doesn't bother me, I'm here for the land this time. I just thought that sometimes you just need to follow those impulses, she knows what I'm like about my cameras and I'm glad to have someone that's like that - she's already planned a ceremony once I leave!!!!

Cool! My sister went last year and her pictures look amazing, great country for photography, have fun!

You will love Iceland Dave it's a photographers dream and the people very friendly and helpful.
Why do you think you will miss the aurora though? It's another year or two before we get into solar min and Feb is a great month with a decent length of daylight but you don't have to get up early or stay up late for the golden hours.

I'm not sure if I'd do Iceland in a car by myself, we went past at least four cars in ditches on one stretch of snowy road this year :help:

That's why I'm tempted to do it when it's warmer :)

Good responses so far, I want to do it by myself as an accomplishment. I would go with my wife but she knows she will hold me back as I like wonder off into the wilderness etc. Nothing will beat the freedom that I could be driving along in the car and I have the option to just stop and get out without being asked why ;)
BigAndy - I spoke to a few who have been before and they reckon now to November is best for viewing but I will take my chances :)

I went on my own for 5 days at the end of March and had a fantastic time even though the weather was not good!

I flew from Gatwick with Icelandair and left my car in the long stay car park. Excellent airline IMO. (and only £20 more than EJ but much more convenient!) (y)

I hired a car and drove down to Jokulsarlon and back with no problems (but I was sensible!) :D

My only regret was that I didn't get to see the Aurora but that was down to the weather which I could do nothing about, however I WILL be going back as soon as I can for another go!

I thought about February , but was put off by the shortness of the days and am glad I went later. I saw so much, but have seen such a small part of this amazing country I need to go for longer next time.

If you want any more info, just ask!

We got a great aurora in February this year. It was the first one i'd seen and photographed. Hopefully you'll get something when you're there.

i live near there head office ,peter andre was there two weeks ago making the iceland on the bus advert .nice there its got a big car park with trees in :exit:it

seriously though ,i,m jealous

Back