etrs and frost

Edit My Images
No
did anyone ever have trouble doing long exposures wirh an etrs in frost ,I was out in the frost tonight doing 10 min plus exposures and Ilost some shots because the the shutter fired even with the lever set to t

The 'T' setting on your lens is short for 'Time' It's a very handy setting to have, but it's sadly disappeared from modern cameras. Unlike the 'B' setting where you have to keep your finger on the shutter button or cable release throughout the exposure, with a 'T' setting your first press on the shutter opens it (for as long as you like) the second press closes it.

What Chaz is saying is that your question is a bit ambiguous - there's no reason why the shutter shouldn't fire with it set to 'T'

Does that help at all?

please forgive my error Chas or maybe just get a life

i dont think chaz was having a pop at the spelling ,,so much as asking what an etrs is ,,,when he cant work out the order of the letters as well . ( i dont know what an etrs is , a mf bronnie ? ) maybe its you who needs to get a life

How old is the battery on your Bronica ETRS ?

If your out and about below the freezing point, i would hazard a guess that something could have stuck. But then again i dont know much about the internals of a Bronica. Were u using a remote release or just your finger (gloves etc.)?

Woooo - I only opened this thread was to find out what an ETRS was and reading down I still assumed Chaz was having a pop at the spelling!
Chaz - you got to admit you were very economical with your reply and surely can see it was easy to misinterpret?

At least I now know an ETRS is some special flavour of Bronica - and I believe a Bronica is usually some sort of medium format sized and box shaped camera. Thanks for the info - Duncan

Come on guys - peace and love :hug:

- this is the film forum where everyone is so laid back we all still think it's the 60's :D

yeah...!!

where's the joint smokey smiley...falling out is like....banned in FF

we'll have to get the thread moved if peace and harmony isn't restored..

*blows BIG smoke rings*

the suspense is killing me . google threw up this:
3078018597_8222bd7242.jpg

so is this an etrs?

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Bronica_ETR

looks a nice piece of equipment

sorry for OT

Maybe the light slows down... but did he not say he lost shots because the shutter *fired*? I lost some because the shutter didn't fire (not wound on...) but never the other way around. Unless he was using T and it fired when he hit it first time then again before he was ready to end the exposure? I have no idea of the machining tolerances on ETRS-types, but Zenit (yes, I have a couple of 122s, so shoot me) have humungous tolerances - as such they still work in -40 degrees.

Arthur

Maybe the light slows down... but did he not say he lost shots because the shutter *fired*? I lost some because the shutter didn't fire (not wound on...) but never the other way around. Unless he was using T and it fired when he hit it first time then again before he was ready to end the exposure? I have no idea of the machining tolerances on ETRS-types, but Zenit (yes, I have a couple of 122s, so shoot me) have humungous tolerances - as such they still work in -40 degrees.

Arthur

Well on the etrs a sliding lever on lens, set to "T", stops the leaf shutter from tripping i.e. lens stops down to chosen value and remains so, and the only way to release it, is to slide the lever back to normal position (which is "A").

bloody great ugly lumps . get a 35mm

:coat:

Well on the etrs a sliding lever on lens, set to "T", stops the leaf shutter from tripping i.e. lens stops down to chosen value and remains so, and the only way to release it, is to slide the lever back to normal position (which is "A").
That's not quite how it works according to this...

4150664629_f48a862d94_o.jpg

That's not quite how it works according to this...

4150664629_f48a862d94_o.jpg

Well I got my Etrs out and used it on "T" what more can I say other than on pressing the shutter button (with it on T), the mirror flips up and with your hands freezing cold or with gloves it's fiddly sliding the lever back to close the Iris.

Well I got my Etrs out and used it on "T" what more can I say other than on pressing the shutter button (with it on T), the mirror flips up and with your hands freezing cold or with gloves it's fiddly sliding the lever back to close the Iris.

LOL. That's exactly how I read it should work. It's this bit that threw me...

Well on the etrs a sliding lever on lens, set to "T", stops the leaf shutter from tripping

That does sound a bit fiddly. The RB67 is similar in that you turn the shutter dial off the 'T' setting to close the shutter, although you do get the option of a slight nudge on the cocking lever to do the same thing, so I tend to prefer the latter method.

It's basically the same as the SQ-A then. As on the S series lens you have to unscrew that part then move it over to show the T. Then when you fire the shutter the camera mirror and shutter stays open.

A way to complete the timed exposure is to then get a lens cap and cover the lens, then move the lever back over

It's quite tricky!!

..and one more thing about the etrs is:- you don't need a battery to use "T" as you have an emergency speed of 1/500 sec if your battery goes flat......dunno why 1/500 as 1/100 would be more useful.

Is it not the sixties anymore

If you like taking photographs and it's a hobby then why not play with equipment of all sorts....from old film cameras of all formats to digital gear, all horses for courses which lead to the same end.
For me, I'm content with film gear from P&S to medium format 6X7, plus one cheap digital 5MP P&S, and if I won the lottery would add £8000 worth of digital equipment to play with as well.

ok lads I've devd the film first 7 negs ok then the time lever seems to have stopped working anyway the shutter didn't stay open whatever was the cause next time I'll stick it under my arm every 4 shots

Back