Eurasian Cranes

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Seen here are Bart and Ruby, two of the Eurasian Cranes born to the Great Crane Project.
Although both birds were bred in captivity they are now free in the wild and tend to split their time between WWT Slimbridge and the Somerset Levels.
Today they were both enjoying the sunshine and took the opportunity to have a bathe in the lake.

Bart and Ruby
by Roger, on Flickr

Bart and Ruby
by Roger, on Flickr

Never had the chance to eyeball one personally! Will you have an other chance?

Thanks for the pleasure!

Lovely to see Roger they done really well on this project bet it's great to see them :)

Lovely to see Roger they done really well on this project bet it's great to see them :)

Yes the project has worked very well Adam, it is lovely to see them, especially when they do their dance :)

Yes the project has worked very well Adam, it is lovely to see them, especially when they do their dance :)
I can only imaging I went to see them last year at slim beige from the very quiet hide overlooking the nest, sadly don't think that brood survived? But this year was a first success?

I can only imaging I went to see them last year at slim beige from the very quiet hide overlooking the nest, sadly don't think that brood survived? But this year was a first success?

Yep, last year's two chicks were taken by a fox ... this year a single chick was raised and successfully fledged :)

Thanks Kev, yes they're a great watch :)

Back