Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  2. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Rich. Good morning. Can you sort out the fornatting in your post. Black letters on a black cannot be read.
    (Either that or buy me a ticket:D)

3. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Morning Frank, just posted a link using the toolbar icon, not sure why it can't be read, looks ok here.

Get your own tickets, stop buying new gear and weigh in for somewhere to go and use them ;)

4. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Depends on the formatting. I don't understand all the techy stuff. It shows as black letters on a black background. Something to do with copy/paste I think.

Why should I stop buying gear? Coffins don't have pockets!!!

It's time I had another train trip somewhere. That is...somewhere that doesn't involve a ride on the dodgems!!!

5. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You can take it with you like an Egyptian pharaoh, all like new in the boxes.
    No idea about all the formatting lark and not going to waste time looking into it either, hotels to book :)

6. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Where are you off to this time?

7. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Paris, realised its been just over thirty years since we were last there, probably changed a little bit since.

8. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    We went for our silver wedding. Had a great time. Top of the Arc de Triomphe at dusk was magical. Romantic too - given the circumstances.

We keep thinking of going back. If I could see your first post I might book!

9. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just go to the Eurostar.com main page, sale lasts for another three days, 94,600 tickets they reckon.

10. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Rich. I am in discussion with my travel advisor right now:rolleyes:

11. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    Show off those new Nikon gloves in the fashion capitol of the world eh? :D

12. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not sure they class as high fashion. Besides...I've got a nice big black marker pen itching to "improve" the look of them!!!

gramps likes this.
  13. Hugh Jarse

Hugh Jarse

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Listing good prices for Andterdam too

Will be looking at booking tomorrow.

tijuana taxi likes this.
  14. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you do go Steve I would be interested to know how the new direct route works out please.

Thanks
    Rich

15. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just to put you out of your misery, we're not Eurostarring. It has been decided that we are going to Prague.
    Flights booked. Hotel Booked. No trains.
    As for trains there might be a mini TP meet in Brum one Saturday in April. Final details still being discussed off forum. You interested, Rich?

16. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No thanks Frank, fares are prohibitively expensive to Birmingham, amongst other things its what put me off going to the photo show
    Also I'm off to Berlin in April so need to conserve the euros a bit especially now I've booked Paris as well

Enjoy your Prague trip, never been there and its on ze list, always looks very pleasant

17. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    OK Rich. No problem.
    We were going to Prague last year then taking the train to Vienna but my knee op scuppered that. This year it's SWMBOS's turn to be a cripple so we are just going out and back.

We'll fix a meet sometime when you are not about to go away/just come home :)

18. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    D
    Does seem a bit like that lately, got another trip on the Eurostar to Ghent booked for May.
    Will sort something out when we both have a bit of spare time, no idea where though :)

19. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wifey has just found out that she needs operations on both eyes, so that will mess us up for the next 4/6 weeks. Then it will be Prague. After that Lime Street is shut for all of June & July. Maybe August or September? A day with you showing me the non tripper bits of Lunnun?

20. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm having a week in Shropshire/Wales in August, not decided on a date as yet so September sounds good
    Can get some nice weather then and the kids will be back in captivity.

Sure I could find some interesting parts of London to look at and photograph, will have a think.

Hope your missus recovers quickly from her op, have to look after your eyes, is it cataracts?
    My daughter is an Optometrist so heard a little bit about eye issues

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  21. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yep. It's cataracts. There is a family history of Glaucoma - it killed her dad - so she has had free yearly eye tests for years. They found the pressure in the eye balls were too high. She has cataracts and the beginnings of glaucoma. First cataract op is a week on Monday and second as soon as she recovers. Private hospital paid for by NHS. Surgeon said she would wait years at an NHS place! Then treatment for glaucoma.

Hopefully all sorted by end of April.

22. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This sort of thing shows the importance of having regular eye tests, good indicator of many health issues.

Glad it was spotted early and treatment was forthcoming, have a good holiday.