Eurostar, loads of cheap tickets

Rich. Good morning. Can you sort out the fornatting in your post. Black letters on a black cannot be read.
(Either that or buy me a ticket:D)

Morning Frank, just posted a link using the toolbar icon, not sure why it can't be read, looks ok here.

Get your own tickets, stop buying new gear and weigh in for somewhere to go and use them ;)

Depends on the formatting. I don't understand all the techy stuff. It shows as black letters on a black background. Something to do with copy/paste I think.

Why should I stop buying gear? Coffins don't have pockets!!!

It's time I had another train trip somewhere. That is...somewhere that doesn't involve a ride on the dodgems!!!

Depends on the formatting. I don't understand all the techy stuff. It shows as black letters on a black background. Something to do with copy/paste I think.

Why should I stop buying gear? Coffins don't have pockets!!!

It's time I had another train trip somewhere. That is...somewhere that doesn't involve a ride on the dodgems!!!

You can take it with you like an Egyptian pharaoh, all like new in the boxes.
No idea about all the formatting lark and not going to waste time looking into it either, hotels to book :)

We went for our silver wedding. Had a great time. Top of the Arc de Triomphe at dusk was magical. Romantic too - given the circumstances.

We keep thinking of going back. If I could see your first post I might book!

We went for our silver wedding. Had a great time. Top of the Arc de Triomphe at dusk was magical. Romantic too - given the circumstances.

We keep thinking of going back. If I could see your first post I might book!

Just go to the Eurostar.com main page, sale lasts for another three days, 94,600 tickets they reckon.

Not sure they class as high fashion. Besides...I've got a nice big black marker pen itching to "improve" the look of them!!!

Listing good prices for Andterdam too

Will be looking at booking tomorrow.

Listing good prices for Andterdam too

Will be looking at booking tomorrow.

If you do go Steve I would be interested to know how the new direct route works out please.

Thanks
Rich

Just to put you out of your misery, we're not Eurostarring. It has been decided that we are going to Prague.
Flights booked. Hotel Booked. No trains.
As for trains there might be a mini TP meet in Brum one Saturday in April. Final details still being discussed off forum. You interested, Rich?

Just to put you out of your misery, we're not Eurostarring. It has been decided that we are going to Prague.
Flights booked. Hotel Booked. No trains.
As for trains there might be a mini TP meet in Brum one Saturday in April. Final details still being discussed off forum. You interested, Rich?

No thanks Frank, fares are prohibitively expensive to Birmingham, amongst other things its what put me off going to the photo show
Also I'm off to Berlin in April so need to conserve the euros a bit especially now I've booked Paris as well

Enjoy your Prague trip, never been there and its on ze list, always looks very pleasant

OK Rich. No problem.
We were going to Prague last year then taking the train to Vienna but my knee op scuppered that. This year it's SWMBOS's turn to be a cripple so we are just going out and back.

We'll fix a meet sometime when you are not about to go away/just come home :)

D
We'll fix a meet sometime when you are not about to go away/just come home :)

Does seem a bit like that lately, got another trip on the Eurostar to Ghent booked for May.
Will sort something out when we both have a bit of spare time, no idea where though :)

D

Does seem a bit like that lately, got another trip on the Eurostar to Ghent booked for May.
Will sort something out when we both have a bit of spare time, no idea where though :)
Wifey has just found out that she needs operations on both eyes, so that will mess us up for the next 4/6 weeks. Then it will be Prague. After that Lime Street is shut for all of June & July. Maybe August or September? A day with you showing me the non tripper bits of Lunnun?

I'm having a week in Shropshire/Wales in August, not decided on a date as yet so September sounds good
Can get some nice weather then and the kids will be back in captivity.

Sure I could find some interesting parts of London to look at and photograph, will have a think.

Hope your missus recovers quickly from her op, have to look after your eyes, is it cataracts?
My daughter is an Optometrist so heard a little bit about eye issues

Last edited:
Yep. It's cataracts. There is a family history of Glaucoma - it killed her dad - so she has had free yearly eye tests for years. They found the pressure in the eye balls were too high. She has cataracts and the beginnings of glaucoma. First cataract op is a week on Monday and second as soon as she recovers. Private hospital paid for by NHS. Surgeon said she would wait years at an NHS place! Then treatment for glaucoma.

Hopefully all sorted by end of April.

This sort of thing shows the importance of having regular eye tests, good indicator of many health issues.

Glad it was spotted early and treatment was forthcoming, have a good holiday.

Back