Even more British GT's from Oulton (Merc AMG GTR Heavy)

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
A bit delayed but here are a few more from Oulton Park, some good threads already... I was one of the lucky ones with trackside access. C&C welcome as always, thanks in advance.

1. Monday was a little wet - standard for me really
#11 TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Mark Farmer, Nicki Thiim by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. The Oulton Park Cliche in full effect
#66 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Mercedes-AMG GT4 - Nick Jones, Scott Malvern British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. A little bit of panning
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. A little bit of boating
#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. A little bit of backlighting

6. Some Teeth
#47 Jetstream Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Graham Davidson, Maxime Martin British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. A different kind of GTR
#24 RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Devon Modell, Struan Moore British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. A blob of Orange
#75 Optimum Motorsport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Jonny Adam British GT Championship - Oulton Park by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

All shot with the 5D3 or the new mark IV and the 70-200 f2.8 ii or 400 mm f5.6 L (some with the 1.4x)

Terrific set. Great work capturing the Aston in number 6, they are seriously quick at that point.

#4 is superb Jonny, but it is an excellent set from start to finish. Always look forward to seeing your work.

Simon.

Absolutely pin sharp and incredibly well processed as always
Cheers mate, looks like you rocked it too from the cheap seats :D I miss using that statement sometimes now.. nowhere to hide :(

…to my greatest pleasure! :)
Haha thanks

Great set- consistently top class work (as ever) :clap:
Thanks very much

Cracking set buddy (y)
Cheers Glen, good to see you back on the circuit too :D :D

Terrific set. Great work capturing the Aston in number 6, they are seriously quick at that point.
Haha thanks man, I was there by mistake at the end so only had a lap to rattle off a couple of shots and only a 2-3 worked

#4 is superb Jonny, but it is an excellent set from start to finish. Always look forward to seeing your work.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, very kind of you... hopefully I'm still improving, its good to be in the media environment and see what my peers are producing (quite a few of them already contribute here of course but it's helpful to have a broader view of the professional level of output to give me something to aim for). Still very thankful to Talkphotography's motorsport community, pretty much guided me from the first time I picked up a camera to where I am now.

Great set

Thanks Paul! :D

A really nice set. #4 stands out - a stunning image!

Cheers mate, it's a nice angle in the wet and pretty much identical to the view available to spectators

Tricky conditions but it has made for some great shots.

Haha thanks Neil, don't know if you've noticed but most of my media outings involve rain at some point or another... I think it probably stands at around 80% rain magnet :D

Cheers mate, looks like you rocked it too from the cheap seats :D I miss using that statement sometimes now.. nowhere to hide :(

I was a bit gutted not to be accredited but it seems I wasn't the only one who was turned down at Oulton. I should be back on the right side of the fence at Rockingham for round 2 :). I'm interested to know how you get your images so sharp (beyond your obviously great photographic talent!), are the processed entirely in Lightroom or do you use Photoshop as well? Take this as a compliment, but #4 almost looks like a render rather than a photograph because it's so clean and punchy

I was a bit gutted not to be accredited but it seems I wasn't the only one who was turned down at Oulton. I should be back on the right side of the fence at Rockingham for round 2 :). I'm interested to know how you get your images so sharp (beyond your obviously great photographic talent!), are the processed entirely in Lightroom or do you use Photoshop as well? Take this as a compliment, but #4 almost looks like a render rather than a photograph because it's so clean and punchy

Hahaha my work flow is photomechanic > adobe Camera Raw > Photoshop (if I want to do something significant) .... I do most of the heavy lifting in camera raw which I believe is the same in light room. I’m not gonna lie I’ll often go to town on the edits (as you’ve probably noticed by now), no.4 has had some artificial background smoothing applied but I think the effect you’re referring to is actually down to how I employ NR and sharpening... so long as you have a sharp image to start with using the luminance noise reduction can give images an almost graphic quality which I quite like but purists will say destroys my pictures [emoji23]

I’ll be at Rockingham too so if you’re about give me a shout [emoji16]

In regards to accreditation, MSV are getting really restrictive now (for quite a few series by the sounds of thing) - A series season pass for media is no longer enough

Last edited:
A lovely set Jonny, a great to include a shot of young Bill, he was always involved with the young karters at my local circuits until his terrible accident. I'm liking the teeth, dirt and grit of number 6.

Back