EVIL BAY people are MAD!! I tell you MAD!

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
ahh ... so you have noticed then ! :LOL:

:wacky:

The nickel version is rarer and older. Also more desirable to those who wish to match up the nickel finish on a Leica II say.

I've got one of those sitting here and it was given to me on Friday by a lovely chap when I bought an OM2n from him!

Mines slightly different in that it has no number on the front like the auctions I mentioned above do and measures in Feet not Metres!

Ah - that'll be the cheap copy - might as well let me have it for a tenner...

Yes These are both early versions look at the aperture values f4,5 f6,3 f9 f12,5 and f18.
Those lenses will go to collectors to put on their early Leicas, the nickel one is quite rare and probably very early production.
I have a 1947 version that is coated I paid about £125 for that-a nice lens.

Originally Posted by Ambermile
Ah - that'll be the cheap copy - might as well let me have it for a thousand yen....

Arthur I've corrected that for you ;)

Richard, I've corrected that for you :D

Passing a giftshop today I've seen a fake box camera for the mantlepiece on sale for £20+.. when you could get the genuine article (which may or may not be servicable, the fake is nothing but a paperweight anyway) for a tenner or less on the 'bay or in the charity shop six doors down. Wierd.

How can people be so mad?

I was watching a lens being offered for sale tonight, its a screw mount 35mm compact lens for Leica, which went for £360 at the end of the auction, but on checking other items, the same seller had another copy of the lens on BUY it Now for £297!

Mad I tell you MAD!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true#ht_4832wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-ELMAR-...s=63&clkid=4792632934596935889#ht_5424wt_1139

I've also noticed those things not once, plenty of times but concluded with following theory.

These madness happens only on Saturday and Sundays.
Mostly after 8 pm
Mostly after three or four :beer:

:D

Passing a giftshop today I've seen a fake box camera for the mantlepiece on sale for £20+.. when you could get the genuine article (which may or may not be servicable, the fake is nothing but a paperweight anyway) for a tenner or less on the 'bay or in the charity shop six doors down. Wierd.

The difference may be for that additional gift wrap and a small ribbon with a knot on it....:D

Back