Daily Evil Onions 366

Glad to see things are still progressing for you though from your description it sounds like occasionally it's been tough :eek:

Keep up the great work (y)

Matt

Just a bit, worked the day shift then an hours break and straight into the night shift, then 3 hours sleep and started working again... was a slightly tiring few days! :)
Spent all day today laying on the sofa half asleep watching rubbish tv (and daytime tv makes you suicidal) Then had some fun drawing on an apple and killing it :geek:

15-01-2012

The lonely tyre...

15-1-2012.jpg

Good work so far! Particularly like the contrast you're getting in the black & whites (really like the sea urchin) and love the plane graveyard. Where is that? Down in the SE?

Also like the toblerone one as it got my mind wondering what it was. Had thought forks until I saw the description and twigged :)

I have to ask why do you have so many different permanent markers :thinking: good photo though (y) I have to say thought that of the last update it's day 15 that's my favourite of the last few (y) just needs a little CW rotation on the horizon (y)

A to work I though that I used to work some mad shifts but that's madness :eek:

Matt

Yes i work some crazy hours.
After my day job i run two internet companies so im a bit of a workaholic... just wish they would make me my millions but its not happening yet!

I have a selection of 28 at the moment but have a collection of 64 coming soon.
They are for creating my artwork :) well some of it anyways... here are a few pictures/paintings i have done.

art1.jpg

art2.jpg

art3.jpg

art4.jpg

Some really interesting art work there, honestly it not really my taste, but you can see that a lot of thought and work has gone into them and that I can appreciated (y)

I really like the pills photo (y)

Matt

Not had much time to get on the pc lately.
Here are the pics from the past 5 days.

The assasin...

20-1-2012.jpg

House of cards...

21-1-2012.jpg

Sound of stereo...

22-1-2012.jpg

White orb...

23-1-2012.jpg

Hello buddy...

24-1-2012.jpg

Ode to japan pt2...

25-1-2012.jpg

You don't like apple much do you haha.
I have an iphone and an ipad. I can confirm they do crash... a lot.
One min you will be working away, the next, the ipad just resets back to the main window closing down the app with no warning.

It can be very frustrating.
The plus side is how seamless apple products work together but windows and google have closed the gap quite a considerable amount the past 2 years.

One min you will be working away, the next, the ipad just resets back to the main window closing down the app with no warning.

The plus side is how seamless apple products work together but windows and google have closed the gap quite a considerable amount the past 2 years.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they didn't price ridiculously, and didn't accept competition. Instead they double normal cost (i.e Other PC's on the market), and sue everyone left right and centre for pretty much nothing. Another thing that annoys me is how Apple are portrayed as the angels, and Google, Microsoft, Samsung, RIM are portrayed as the devils.

I admire how, like you say, the products all work together. Hopefully windows will catch up to that with Windows 8, which seems to be (finally) tying everything up, although I use google for all my cloud-ing (and dropbox for files, until I find a way to get google docs to auto sync)

To be fair a lot of their legal action has been justified... not all i know.
But they own a lot of patents and just because another company has the ability to copy/compete doesnt mean they should.
I was actually suprised to see how much Kodak own patent wise.

The reason i go to apple though is that everything works... it all syncs perfectly. The only issue i have is when an app crashes... like ibooks constantly crashes because i have so many documents on it.

But, that said, i've had a lot less headaches using the iphone and ipad than i ever have using a netbook and a different brand smart phone.

To be fair a lot of their legal action has been justified... not all i know.
But they own a lot of patents and just because another company has the ability to copy/compete doesnt mean they should.
I was actually suprised to see how much Kodak own patent wise.

The reason i go to apple though is that everything works... it all syncs perfectly. The only issue i have is when an app crashes... like ibooks constantly crashes because i have so many documents on it.

But, that said, i've had a lot less headaches using the iphone and ipad than i ever have using a netbook and a different brand smart phone.

:LOL: I love how this debate keeps coming up. Basically I like to play around and see what works well, what doesn't. I use what works for me, and everyone else does the same. Kodak own a hell of a lot of patents, simply because they created the first digital camera, but then didn't evolve the idea enough.

I don't think much of the apple legal cases have been justified. Prime example is the Galaxy Tab, which actually looks nothing like the iPad except the fact that it's a tablet. Are apple now claiming that everything resembling a tablet is copying the iPad? Could be argued they're just copying Microsoft, who launched tablet PC's ~ 10 years ago, but they didn't take off. And, of course not forgetting all of those lovely sci-fi films ;)

Personally, I've not had any problems using an android phone for the past 2 years, but am very much looking forward to upgrading to Windows Phone 7 in the next few months. Apple just don't give the freedom for me. You have to use iTunes, everything has to be their format, you have to do everything the "apple" way, even for programming, to program for an iPhone/Pad, you have to own a mac, which is a bit bad considering most programming tools are windows only (all the microsoft range, which cover the biggest programming languages).

My MP3 is an archos 5, which allows me to play MP3's and flac without converting, which is great, and everything works for me. End of the day, it's what works for you. If you're happy with that, and are happy to fork out the extra money, great.

I don't mid apple at all (y) I have an Ipod touch (y) but I just get sick to death of the fanboys that think you must be thick if you don't use everything thing from apple I know some that I'm sure if apple made toilet paper (iwipe) they would buy it at £10 a roll :LOL: I also like my tech user serviceable (y)

Now to forget this A vs W it's like C vs N it's all a lot of useless posturing :bonk: and to get back to the photo's, I'm loving the recent photo's they're really abstract (y)

Matt

Oh i can't stand fanboys of anything, be it pc, apple, or just any brand whores in general. I always use whatever suits my needs.
I built my own pc for that very reason.

And thanks for the comments :)
I've been trying a few of the scene selections on the camera.
Fish eye, miniature and underwater settings.
Also been playing with taking the picture in manual focus and getting the image to blur.
I've taken a lot of pictures of normal objects for that reason... I will get out and about soon as i want to try some long exposures on this camera soon as the airplane shot came out quite well i think.

Oh i can't stand fanboys of anything, be it pc, apple, or just any brand whores in general. I always use whatever suits my needs.
I built my own pc for that very reason.

And thanks for the comments :)
I've been trying a few of the scene selections on the camera.
Fish eye, miniature and underwater settings.
Also been playing with taking the picture in manual focus and getting the image to blur.
I've taken a lot of pictures of normal objects for that reason... I will get out and about soon as i want to try some long exposures on this camera soon as the airplane shot came out quite well i think.

To me that's what this kind of challenge is all about, I did it last year to learn new styles, techniques and basically more about my camera, and I'm doing more of the same this year (y) I'm really happy with 90% of what I've produced this year, where as last year I would say I was happy with sub50% :bonk:

Matt

Back