Excellent CHEAP 10-stop.

Anybody used these with the Fuji X series? Wondered whether to get this or the slim Haida 10 Stopper as was worried about potential vignette from the wider mount on the camdiox?

Very interesting post as i was just about to pick up the Lee Big Stopper.
Has anyone here used the Camdiox filter in conjunction Lee filter holder and Grads?? Or can any one see a reason why not? I cant think of one....
Other than on the stopper i was using i used to set up the focus before sliding in the Stopper....

Just for sake of clarity, we are referring to this filter:- http://srb-photographic.co.uk/77mm-camdiox-nd1000-filter-5944-p.asp

Many Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Yes, well it halted my purchase of the Lee Big Stopper.
Theres no weirdness like no front thread is there? just wanted to screw the Lee filter holder on the front...

Ordered Thanks Phil;) !!!

Ordered a 46mm 10-stopper....had a good read through the thread to-date, very inspiring images. :)

Ordered one myself last week having read about it on here, though not had a play with it yet.

Just ordered myself one, been looking for a decent cheap 10 stop.

Love the first two, third one is a little bit busy in the foreground for me.

I cant wait to get mine got so many ideas. Got myself a Manfrotto Compact as well in preparation.

ok as usual way behind :)
srb are no longer doing the camidox so I accepted their own srb 67mm nd1000, I have just taken a shot in my back garden and their is a magenta colour cast, probably me doing something wrong but just thought would let you know as the camidox appears not to do this from what I can make out in this thread

ok as usual way behind :)
srb are no longer doing the camidox so I accepted their own srb 67mm nd1000, I have just taken a shot in my back garden and their is a magenta colour cast, probably me doing something wrong but just thought would let you know as the camidox appears not to do this from what I can make out in this thread

I have a couple of the SRB 10 stop's and also get the slight magenta colour cast but it's so quick to sort out in LR it never bothered me (eyedropper white balance, single click on relevant bit of image for anyone that doesn't know).

I've now swapped over to Hitech Firecrest ND's, mainly because I wanted the 13 and 16 stop filters. These have no colour cast at all but cost a lot more. If someone asked me about a cheap 10 stop I'd still recommend the SRB. Great for £20.

I have a couple of the SRB 10 stop's and also get the slight magenta colour cast but it's so quick to sort out in LR it never bothered me (eyedropper white balance, single click on relevant bit of image for anyone that doesn't know).

I've now swapped over to Hitech Firecrest ND's, mainly because I wanted the 13 and 16 stop filters. These have no colour cast at all but cost a lot more. If someone asked me about a cheap 10 stop I'd still recommend the SRB. Great for £20.

Yes had aquick go seemed to disappear, will have a go with it the weekend and see how I get on removing the cast in types of shots I want to take, if not too much bother then will keep

The answer is in post number....

Nope, I can't be bothered typing any more.
Oh thanks for that!! Obviously I have read the first post as I did then this was posted and i subbed.

Just wanted to know if it's till the same as it's an old thread. But thanks for that all the same for being super helpful.

I'm pretty sure when i asked them the difference they said there SRB one went through an extra QA process so are cherry picked, hence the higher price.

I'm pretty sure when i asked them the difference they said there SRB one went through an extra QA process so are cherry picked, hence the higher price.

Possibly, the two I have are identical optically;)

Back