Excellent service from MPB

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently purchased a lens from MPB it had some focus issues but was promptly replaced for another lens.
It is this sort of service that gives one the confidence to deal with MPB again
Great service from these guys .

Ive used them a few times for selling and buying over the years and they've always been top notch. Their quotes are always reasonable and probably better than selling in ebay when you factor in the fees. Would happily recommend them

Seem to be on a bit of a go-slow at the moment. My stuff to sell to them got delivered to them last Wednesday and it still hasn't been checked (my last lot to them was checked and paid in 48hrs).

Seem to be on a bit of a go-slow at the moment. My stuff to sell to them got delivered to them last Wednesday and it still hasn't been checked (my last lot to them was checked and paid in 48hrs).

Sadly this has been my experience this time around as well

I've used several times and always had very efficient service.

Sadly this has been my experience this time around as well

Being checked on Monday apparently but only because I've been bumped up the list by the sounds of it. I don't mind too much but 9 working days is a long long time, particularly as they quote 4-5.

I've used several times and always had very efficient service.

Being checked on Monday apparently but only because I've been bumped up the list by the sounds of it. I don't mind too much but 9 working days is a long long time, particularly as they quote 4-5.

Yup my usual experience has been a couple of days, not this time though

I even emailed them for an update but didn't even get a reply

Sold camera and some accessorie to them. Took a week before the camera was checked (they replied when I asked for status after 5 days that the experience high volumens at the moment), which was on Friday, had the money in my account on Saturday. Accessory is still not finished but I don't care as the value is only a fraction of the camera sale.

If Canon don`t drop the price of a new 7D MkII in a few months, then I will get it from MPB, plus pick it up too as it is in town near me.
I'm in a similar position at the moment but after the cash back MPB's prices for a decent one are a touch too close to a new one. I'm hoping one of the retailers might break ranks for Easter

I am guessing they are either extremely busy or short staffed or both

Doesn't take much to respond to an email though

I am guessing they are either extremely busy or short staffed or both

Doesn't take much to respond to an email though

That was my main annoyance, I'm not really comfortable that it's apparently only being sorted asap (on a 'priority list') because I posted about it on here. An email to all customers well beyond the quoted 4-5 days would save them a lot of hassle.

If they weren't normally excellent I'd be getting pretty worried at my items remaining unpaid after 9 working days.

Finally got a reply from them.

They have also "upgraded" the condition of my gear, I had said it was all in excellent condition and they have said it is "like new" so will be paying me more than I was expecting so I am now a happy chappy

@mpb.com Is it possible to drop off the lens to a local drop off corner shop etc. or do I need to wait for your courier guy to show up at my doorstep? Does the courier guy calls an hour prior to showing up so I am not stuck all day at home?

@mpb.com Is it possible to drop off the lens to a local drop off corner shop etc. or do I need to wait for your courier guy to show up at my doorstep? Does the courier guy calls an hour prior to showing up so I am not stuck all day at home?

The courier they use is DPD so you will be given an hours time slot of when to expect collection so you can plan your day

I'm now on Day 5 and my two items have still not been checked. I received a confirmation email of their safe arrival and then nothing until I initiated a phone call today. If nothing happens today then the issue will obviously drag on until next week and the staff member simply said there was a long list she had to follow through. I'll update this thread once something happens or if I hear nothing by close of play today, but sellers might wish to be aware right now might not be a great time with MPB.

I've just done a deal with MPB. As before a courier will call to collect on Monday. They will give me a time slot of one hour about 8AM. All I have to do is make sure I'm in for the hour stated. System works well. You should have an email explaining all this.
I've used them several times and everything usually works smoothly. Can't comment on recently reported delays but I hope I don't have any.

I'm now on Day 5 and my two items have still not been checked. I received a confirmation email of their safe arrival and then nothing until I initiated a phone call today. If nothing happens today then the issue will obviously drag on until next week and the staff member simply said there was a long list she had to follow through. I'll update this thread once something happens or if I hear nothing by close of play today, but sellers might wish to be aware right now might not be a great time with MPB.

They got back to me eventually and explained that they were expanding and were in the middle of a move to bigger premises and that's why there are such big delays at the moment

MPB did come back to me and advised that my items had completed the 'in inspection' this afternoon. I replied with my bank details so it's just a matter of waiting for the bank transfer.

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing a longer turn around with getting your equipment checked - we understand how frustrating that must be.

We're nearly through with our premises move and are working over time to get back with our normal checking time of within 7 days. If any of you are still having issues with getting your transactions completed please feel free to drop us a message on here and we can get it sorted out for you. Thanks for your patience and please know that this is not a permanent situation - Clare

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing a longer turn around with getting your equipment checked - we understand how frustrating that must be.

We're nearly through with our premises move and are working over time to get back with our normal checking time of within 7 days. If any of you are still having issues with getting your transactions completed please feel free to drop us a message on here and we can get it sorted out for you. Thanks for your patience and please know that this is not a permanent situation - Clare
That's good. My gear is being collected this afternoon!

Back