Excitement day and a first for me

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Went out with the wife to a few fave spots today with little or no success , we threw in the towel at 3 pm and started home on the motorway , as we got to one of the junctions a 19 plate Skoda pulled on with a police estate car behind , all traffic slowed to 70mph. . I said to the wife he’s going to pull the Skoda ,but nothing happened , after a mile or so I pulled ahead past them . And after another mile I saw flashing blue lights ahead and all the traffic came to a gradual stop . The Skoda now directly behind my car middle lane and the cop car the same in outside lane ..
Next thing the siren goes off so we instantly look in the mirrors ,a copper jumps out runs over to the Skoda ,pulls the passenger out ,twists arm behind his back ,marches him to the cop car and pushes him in the back . , as we moved off the Skoda driver pulled on the hard shoulder ..then we moved off with the traffic . Like something out of a t.v show .made our day

I test drove a Skoda Fabia estate a few years ago because my sister's driven a Skoda for nearly ten years and frequently sings its praises. Perhaps it was a mistake to try out the Eco friendly version; the thing had all the acceleration of a snail on Valium!. Bought a Hyundai instead...

:tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with Skodas....

Was going to post the same. The wife's Yeti is a cracking car and I'm looking at the Octavia as a possibility for my next car.

I had a couple of Skodas: I could tell how old people were by their attitudes. Decades ago they were a joke - now they are excellent.

I remember the old Skodas and they were awful but the current ones bear no resemblance in either design or quality.

Odd that they didn't grab the driver.
I'm guessing the passenger was who they were after.

I test drove a Skoda Fabia estate a few years ago because my sister's driven a Skoda for nearly ten years and frequently sings its praises. Perhaps it was a mistake to try out the Eco friendly version; the thing had all the acceleration of a snail on Valium!. Bought a Hyundai instead...

I understand the fabia vrs is terrifying.

I'm looking at the Octavia as a possibility for my next car.
My company car is a 2016 Octavia estate and has done over 130,000 miles.
7 speed DSG box.
It's a great car.
Folks that slag them off are stuck in the dark ages....

Last edited:
Once the old Skodas were sorted (basically replace all the bearings and bushes) they were OK. Don't forget that they used to win their class in rallies during the '70s and '80s.

I don't know about now but a while back Skoda had the best ownership experience of any of the VW/Audi family with the best reliability. If going for a car from that group the German marques may have the image but as an ownership experience Skoda scored higher.

Obviously, but you'd think they'd control the situation and all involved.

Given that the driver pulled over onto the hard shoulder after the passenger had been removed, it sounds like it was under control.

I'd have expected the driver to be directed... but maybe that is what happened, or for the driver to be removed and the police to move the car.

I don't know about now but a while back Skoda had the best ownership experience of any of the VW/Audi family
As I pointed out, my sister's a fan and she's been driving longer than I have.

Re: Skoda

Oh so many years back......one of our neighbours was a car mechanic and worked for a Rover dealership.

He owned (don't think he could afford a Rover?) one of the model with the bonnet that opened along the offside wing edge. There was not a weekend that went by without seeing him working on something on that car. It seemed to need constant titivation to keep it in best order???

That being back in the late 60's to early 70's , was that still the period when the Skoda plant was still run by the state??? (NB before the velvet revolution?)

Trust the Germans to buy up one of the sources of great humour and steal that from our repertoire.

What next, will they stop using beach towels?

This is not meant not be a dig at Germans Some of my friends are German........ish. Well one of them drinks Lager ;)

thats what we thought , he just drove onto the hard shoulder ?

I've seen something similar a few years back. Traffic was slowed, cop car chased another down the hard shoulder which stopped a little too easily. They grabbed the passenger and the car drove of the slip road.
It all seemed to be staged and ended too quick. I put it down to some sort of a training exercise, as nothing else made sense.

The new Skoda Enyaq EV looks interesting......
I was going to order one as my next company car.
In the end I went for an Audi Q4 E-Tron as the Skoda was costing me a personal usage cost of £99 per month and the Audi was £40.....

We have 5 Skodas in the family, 2 Octavias and 3 Fabias. All very reliable and local mechanics keep saying how good they are. Prices are however creeping up.

Back