Beginner explain please

Name
bill
Edit My Images
Yes
can someone explain the following please. i was taking some pictures of a band this evening and had the camera in a/v mode aperture 2.8 the camera was giving me a shutter speed of around 30th of a second not very quick and lots of movement on the shots, but i then set the camera to manual mode chose 2.8 aperture and 1/250 as the shutter speed and got very well exposed images, is there somethng i am missing ?

Did the ISO change between a/v and manual? Higher ISO would give you a faster shutter speed at the same aperture.

If you chose fixed aperture and speed but auto ISO. Then you did not realy use manual mode. But just another form of semi auto. And the camera set the final exposure.

if you can tell me how to find that i will tell you im using lrcc

can someone explain the following please. i was taking some pictures of a band this evening and had the camera in a/v mode aperture 2.8 the camera was giving me a shutter speed of around 30th of a second not very quick and lots of movement on the shots, but i then set the camera to manual mode chose 2.8 aperture and 1/250 as the shutter speed and got very well exposed images, is there somethng i am missing ?

if you can tell me how to find that i will tell you im using lrcc
Unfortunately this defies physics.

The same amount of light can't possibly create a correct exposure with both those settings, we'd need to see the images and exif to find what's really happened.

You don't say that the shots at 1/30th were well exposed. So, were they over exposed? If so, there's your answer. There's a good chance at a gig that the meter would over expose if you didn't know what you were doing, as there are likely going to be large areas of darkness around the stage.

Failing that, the stage lighting changed.

Back