North England Explore the secrets of Manchester’s oldest building after hours – without a guide

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
seen this on a FB page might be good for some
A rare chance to see Chetham's Library's centuries-old passages and cobbled courtyards that are usually closed to the public

https://ilovemanchester.com/2018/10...G3psFDzSLw-Frkj8REG3E3boN4ui8hLzpvZWGsF5-diVI

The first Chetham’s Library Unscripted tour takes place on 1st November, with additional tours on 6th December, 17th January and 14th February. Tickets are £20, including a glass of wine.

You going?
I've seen the guided tours but they are done by the dictator who does the Mayfield Station trips. After experiencing those and being badly let down over the Fire Station trips I'm not going with him again.
@ChrisH might be interested in this.

got to wait to see what my new hours in work will be next year as I'm being move back on to shifts can't do this year as I'm away around the 6th Dec

I'm slightly tempted by the February one. All the snowflakes will be out with their true loves and this might not be romantic enough for them.

Only problem will be having to drive into Mancs.

Would be of interest to me in the new year. I'll watch the thread!

Just had a reply to my enquiry about photography on this event.

Sorry guys, it's a big no.

I'll examine the website for photo friendly events and see what they offer.

Hi,
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately we don’t allow photography at these events, mainly because it’s so dark that it’s hard to get a good image without using a tripod. I know that people have taken images and we won’t stop them but we do say that mobile phones should be off and no photos.
There are other events coming up specifically for photographers. See our website for further details.
All best,
Michael

Found it.
A whole day given over to photographers. Not open to the public.
Sunday 27 January 10.30am - 4pm.
Sounds ideal.
Capture.JPG

OOPS, think I forgot the £80 fee.
Anyone interested?

Not at 80 quid! :eek:

Sorry Paul. That's the only date I can see.
There are some organised "photo opportunity" tours but you are in with the world and his friend and tripods are not allowed; plus you are rushed through. Seems like it's this date or nothing!

Back