Exploring an abandoned train yard (Cinematic)

That was really atmospheric Christou! (And shot in Ossett? Only a couple of miles away from me). Your youtube channel is very cool. I'm so itching to buy a drone and take it to India next time I go over there, but with an Osmo and my D5300, I don't know. Maybe the Spark is the way to go?

PS. Welcome to the forums :)

That was really atmospheric Christou! (And shot in Ossett? Only a couple of miles away from me). Your youtube channel is very cool. I'm so itching to buy a drone and take it to India next time I go over there, but with an Osmo and my D5300, I don't know. Maybe the Spark is the way to go?

PS. Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you for the feedback! You live so close that’s crazy! Do you have an Osmo already? I just purchased a sort of holder/handle for the Spark so I can use it for its gimbal without flying it, hopefully spark 2.0 has 60fps maybe hold out for that?

Spark 2.0 at 60fps would sell that to me!!! I desperately need a small drone to film overhead shots of Indian Baolis/stepwells (an example below, the largest Baoli in the world), filming them the ground doesn't really do some of them justice - also some of the smaller ones are gated and locked, a drone would be very helpful :)
Example (not mine by the way).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPv9RXJzPNo

I've had an Omso for a couple of years, last years trip to India, I shot over 500gb with it, It's been through hell, I'm amazed it's still working, especially after we both fell down a flight of stairs, got attacked by a bull, slipped in cow poop, Air India overhead luggage compartment etc.. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Last edited:
Spark 2.0 at 60fps would sell that to me!!! I desperately need a small drone to film overhead shots of Indian Baolis/stepwells (an example below, the largest Baoli in the world), filming them the ground doesn't really do some of them justice - also some of the smaller ones are gated and locked, a drone would be very helpful :)
Example (not mine by the way).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPv9RXJzPNo

I've had an Omso for a couple of years, last years trip to India, I shot over 500gb with it, It's been through hell, I'm amazed it's still working, especially after we both fell down a flight of stairs, got attacked by a bull, slipped in cow poop, Air India overhead luggage compartment etc.. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

WOW these structures are amazing! do you have any of your footage of them? they announced a new osmo mobile yesterday and its a reasonable price too :rolleyes:

I've got lots of footage of them and I'm torn between uploading stuff to You tube now... or waiting until I go back to India and complete some of those overhead shots that I want. Many of these wells are hidden and a nightmare to find (the big one above is an exception because it's so big and very famous) but I want to film the surrounding areas to these wells and show potential visitors how to get to them. The Osmo mobile 2 kit looks nice... maybe an Osmo 2 is on the horizon too?

@toni - I'm planning my 10th trip, can't get enough of the place.

Canada this year, possibly India in 2019 (I'd like to travel Amritsar to Kolkata, but suspect we'll end up in Goa instead).

Back