Exposure Bracketing for Solar Eclipse

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
No
I have a Nikon D7500 with which I plan on photographing the upcoming total eclipse in Texas. I want to take an exposure bracketed sequence of 5 photos in 1 stop increments every 5 minutes for approximately 2 hours. I can't figure out how to do this without pressing the shutter button every 5 minutes. I would like to only press it once and have it automatically take the 5 shot sequence every 5 minutes for the 2 hour period. I have tried with (C3) Self-Timer, Interval timer shooting, and even a Viltrox intervalometer but I can't make the camera do as I want it to. Will the "Control My Camera" software allow me do this? Any other ideas?

On the D750, which I guess would be similar, you have No. of intervals × shots/interval in the interval timer settings. You can set the number of intervals at 36 and the shots/interval to 5, Set the bracketing to 5 shots and it should work OK. Make sure the camera is in manual focus mode as it won't shoot if it can't focus.

Andrew HATFIELD | Architectural and Interior Photographer

On the D750, which I guess would be similar, you have No. of intervals × shots/interval in the interval timer settings. You can set the number of intervals at 36 and the shots/interval to 5, Set the bracketing to 5 shots and it should work OK. Make sure the camera is in manual focus mode as it won't shoot if it can't focus.

Andrew HATFIELD | Architectural and Interior Photographer
Thank you. I’ll try that. Fingers crossed!

Back