Expression Engine CMS

KayJay

Give us a Tena
Edit My Images
Yes
Expression Engine, quite possibly the best content management system I've used and I've used pretty much all of the most popular ones going.

Been using this for a number of big client sites lately and the level of customisation and ease of templating and theming is actually quite breathtaking.

Is anyone else familiar with it? There is a free core version and an commercial enterprise version. It's built on top of CodeIgniter which is a free PHP MVC framework. The commercial one is pretty good, it's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Thought this might come in handy for anyone looking for a new/alternative CMS system to use for their web projects. I'm not too keen on the navite image upload handling but there are a couple of plugins which give you a more Wordpress style image management.

Never heard of it. Bookmarked for a look see tomorrow though :) cheers

It's good if you're a PHP programmer because of how the CMS is built, it's very easy to build plugins, especially if you're already familiar with CodeIgniter. Once I finish the site I'm working on I'll post it here so people can see how straight forward the theming is.

Any website examples? :thinking:

Back