extinction rebellion protests

Name
pretty obvious really.
Edit My Images
Yes
Just watched an item on Look North about the climate protesters in Leeds cleaning up after themselves using a Petrol powered pressure washer then towing the big blue boat away with a great big 4x4. :rolleyes:

Just watched an item on Look North about the climate protesters in Leeds cleaning up after themselves using a Petrol powered pressure washer then towing the big blue boat away with a great big 4x4. :rolleyes:
Much like most protests, they aren't really thought trough, but they love the headlines..

grow up you lot at least they cleared up after themselves and so they used a vehicle to tow a boat.

I fully support their actions,

I'll leave this here.

View: https://BANNED/bbcrb/status/1151735853301080064

and another day it could have been road closed because police were using the jaws of life to release a small baby from 21mph accident .

oh, please.

I'll leave this here.

I'm afraid the collateral damage is not something that the protesters will even consider. This is nothing different to the multitude of protests that have gone on over the years, be it animal cruelty, CND, Poll tax, you name it. You can always get an audience of protesters for any noble cause. The problem is, they jump on a bandwagon without looking at the full picture. But if they did that it would spoil the 'cause'.

I don't doubt we need to change things, but these things need to be looked at globally, not by faffing about in a country that is already doing things, until the likes of the USA and China play ball, we are making no difference overall.

and another day it could have been road closed because police were using the jaws of life to release a small baby from 21mph accident .

oh, please.

So you're comparing an accident to an intentional protest designed to disrupt peoples lives. Jesus wept.

So you're comparing an accident to an intentional protest designed to disrupt peoples lives. Jesus wept.

no I m saying our roads are garbage, filled up with cancer causing polluting garbage, so today your person had a bad day, if we don't take action 1000's of people will be affected by lung disease, cancer, children with lung disease.

The problem with "protestors" is they go in for magical thinking instead of applying logic. This particular lot have absolutely no idea what the real problems are or how those problems can be tackled. I'd be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt if they shared detailed plans showing exactly how they propose to manipulate the climate. In any case, why aren't they taking their "rebellion" to China, India or America where most of the pollution they claim to be the problem is being generated?

The problem with "protestors" is they go in for magical thinking instead of applying logic. This particular lot have absolutely no idea what the real problems are or how those problems can be tackled. I'd be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt if they shared detailed plans showing exactly how they propose to manipulate the climate. In any case, why aren't they taking their "rebellion" to China, India or America where most of the pollution they claim to be the problem is being generated?

There Is logic to what you say, but why did people emigrate to Britain in years gone past?
because we were progressive, we lead the way in human rights, acceptance of other colours and faiths.

why should we lead the way in clean air and environmental issues, because we can and we can then attract the best to this country.
countries like the US and Chine are not attracting the best are they?
Where is everyone heading, the UK.

I'll leave this here.

Equally someone might have died on the M32 today in a car crash but were saved because of the protests.

The media will always find one-off cases to suit their agenda...

Equally someone might have died on the M32 today in a car crash but were saved because of the protests.

The media will always find one-off cases to suit their agenda...
Seriously? 'Might have' the case mentioned was a tangible example.

Can I just ask how you would have felt if this happened to you? Would you have been sympathetic to the cause?

Can I just ask how you would have felt if this happened to you? Would you have been sympathetic to the cause?

Surely sympathy for a cause like this is entirely separate from, and established well before, whatever action is taken on any particular day.

I suppose there are those who are fickle and only agree with something while it doesn't inconvenience them.

Last edited:
no I m saying our roads are garbage, filled up with cancer causing polluting garbage, so today your person had a bad day, if we don't take action 1000's of people will be affected by lung disease, cancer, children with lung disease.
So I take it you have sold your car, motorbike and your home in Greece as you won't be flying anymore.

And what if someone who normally uses the M32, had to take another route and died in a car crash on that diversion.

A lot of "bank of mum and dad" babies with useless degrees, no jobs and too much time on their hands, making themselves feel better by not using their Fiat 500s for a day and foregoing the no-fat-soy-no-foam-mochafrappaccinos.

Maybe if they started looking at tangible ways of bringing about climate change reversal and, you know, working at it instead of shouting about it, they might get a little respect.

cancer causing polluting garbage

You do know that the Benzene in the petrol your car uses is extremely carcinogenic, don't you?

You do know that the Benzene in the petrol your car uses is extremely carcinogenic, don't you?
Because magical thinkers seldom (if ever) educate themselves about the evidence for and against their case you only annoy them by introducing facts into the discussion. As for logic... :runaway:

Because magical thinkers seldom (if ever) educate themselves about the evidence for and against their case you only annoy them by introducing facts into the discussion. As for logic... :runaway:
I've yet to see him make a single educated comment.

Last edited:
16 arrests and not one charged was from Bristol ...
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/live-extinction-rebellion-protest-court-3109604
I can only assume they did the right thing and walked there.
It seems the furthest came from Cornwall, thats a hell of a long walk!
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/extinction-rebellion-m32-protest-charges-3107666

Not as far as Neil Young must have walked to get to Hyde Park after protesting at Barclaycard's sponsorship because Barclays are a "fossil fuel funding entity"

Surely he got there on the back of (a) Crazy Horse...

:coat:

Give up your car then!

Complete t***s the lot of them! Hypocritical as I bet they eat food that has flown all round the world, and clothes made in the far east. Most probably have kids which is the worst thing you can do pollution wise!

Complete t***s the lot of them! Hypocritical as I bet they eat food that has flown all round the world, and clothes made in the far east. Most probably have kids which is the worst thing you can do pollution wise!

To quote yourself, get rid of your kids !

It would be a modest proposal to reduce pollution by eating children.
Maybe just eat Mr Bump, thus ridding the world of both him and his car?
Just sayin'.

maybe you should tho to do your bit.
So you have sold your car, motorbike and house in Greece then. Or are you saying you are just supporting their protests and just full of s*** like they are?

Last edited:
So you have sold your car, motorbike and house in Greece then. Or are you saying you are just supporting their protests and just full of s*** like they are?

Don’t you realise it’s ok for them to have a car and go abroad on holiday, and use all those consumer goods, it’s just that the rest of us shouldn’t.

Back