Extremely Post Processed

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
So I went a little crazy in photoshop. I guess this is my "photoshop wild-side". Also, I wasn't sure if this belonged in this area of the forum, but I didn't really see anywhere else, so I hope it's in the right spot! Any opinions would be warmly welcomed :)

ButterflyUtopiawm.jpg

stock-http://shoofly-stock.deviantart.com/
model-Kaeri

Wow I really like that Brittany :) It IS extreme PS work but tasteful and not at all over done, if you know what I mean. I like the colouring, the pose, the expression in the girl's face, everything :clap: If I had to find any niggle I'd say that the skin looks a little too smooth and gives her an almost plasticy look, but that's only a very minor point and doesn't detract from the image for me.

She must be tripping out with those butterflies and light trails. Nicely executed :)

WOW! well done Brittany!! I love the pic! (y)

What doesn't do it for me thought is the 'pearl necklace' lights the butterflys are a nice touch, compliment the model rather well. I hope to see more of your work on the forums! (p.s its in the right place) ;)

I like it! Excellent processing, if not to everyone's taste. (y)

Being picky - the hand is blown which spoils an otherwise good shot. Considering all the PS work you've done on the shot, I'm surprised you haven't dealt with that shadow line on the left side of her face (our right)

Well done, I like the dreamy effect.

I've seen pictures like this in magazines, but never on any of the photo sites I've visited.

Since people are being critical, the thing that jumped out at me was the butterfly looking a bit flat, maybe messing about with the contrast of the butterfly to make the blacks a bit darker.

But a very nice image, and a pleasant change. :)

I like it, nice work (y). How did you create that effect if you dont mind me asking?

Very very nice, I like seeing fantasy work like this. (y)

Thanks everyone! To get that effect, my main route of action was:
clear the skin, levels/curves/contrast (my finger usually like the push up the conrast quite a bit :O), then variations (usually more cyan and darker), next for this I added fake eyelashes with the paint brush and then the butterflies from stock and the light-trail again with the paintbrush on a low oppacity.
I hope that's a good enough explanation :)

That's cool, like in your Gwen Stefani style shoot I like the cross processed look and due to the fact that you have used photoshop to add to the image, it fits really well.
There's only a couple of things that I can think about critiquing - one is the three flyaway hairs that run across *her* right cheek and eyebrow, they are very faint but nevertheless still noticable. The other thing is the lower of the two butterflies, I didn't notice it at first because it is so dark, it also looks a little too super imposed to me, unlike the other one which sits nicely *in* the image instead of on it.

Great work as usual though with the composition, makeup and pose :)

Back