EYE ONE Display 2

Name
Craig Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all,

Does anybody have this and is it worth the money or is there a better alternative, i had been considering getting the huey pro but was offered the EYE ONE Display 2 for the same price. Anyone who has used this an insight would be great. for your info i have a dual screen setup

Cheers

The GretagMacBeth EyeOne Display 2 is a better unit than the Huey Pro so if they're the same price you'd be mad to not go with the Display 2.

Unless you want the gimmickry of the Huey's ambient light sensor.

:agree::agree::agree:

I have the i1. At the price the Huey is a good bit of kit but the i1 is much better, and usually costs a lot more. So I'd opt for the i1 at the Huey price

Is the Eye1 better than the spyder 3 pro? I got a demo of the eye1 at focus and it seemed very good. I have personally used a spyder 2 and found it got good results.

I've got an Eye1 and a Spyder Pro and always "prefer" the results that the Spyder gives me.
On my two 24" TFT's the difference isn't great but the Eye 1 just doesn't seem to be able to get the laptop right. I can calibrate the two 24" Dells and they look the same but put the laptop next to them and it always has a magenta colourcast (and that's two different laptops). With the Spyder, the big monitors and the laptop are very closely matched (although not identical).

Just my findings, others may have opinions which differ.

Bob

The Eye1 also has an ambient light sensor.

Bob
Well, yes, but it's not utilised in the same way as the Huey's.

That's got the Room Lighting Compensation feature which, for my money, is a complete gimmick.

antc said:
Is the Eye1 better than the spyder 3 pro? I got a demo of the eye1 at focus and it seemed very good. I have personally used a spyder 2 and found it got good results.
The Huey Pro is better than the Spyder3 and the EyeOne Display 2 is better than the Huey Pro.

I have the Eye One LT and it was fine on my XP machine, but not so good on Vista. I've got the Spyder 3 Pro and it produces much better results for me.

We use a EYE ONE Display 2 at work. Our colour calibration guy who comes in to create the paper profiles and set up the RIP etc tested the EYE ONE Display 2 and the Color Munki which we also have, against a professional colourimiter. The EYE ONE Display 2 scored very nicely, much better than the Colour Munki for monitors, although the Munki has the benefit of being able to do paper profiles.

I have just used the the studios i1 .2 and was so impressed ive just splashed the cash and orderd one....
:bonk:

I to have eye one and I have been using it on my mac pro with the 23" apple HD screen and I have found that it works fine. Calibration appears to be spot on spot on and takes very little time to set in advanced mode. The ambient light calibration is also good providing you keep ypur office area light consistent. You should be chuffed if you got it for a bargin price, here's to happy and successful calibration :clap:

Back