F&C at the TP Meggameet

So folks it's all getting a bit close so..... Who's bringing what? What do we need? Why do we need it? When do we need it by? Is there a plan?

Do we need to bring a scanner? If so what type? Are we doing 5x4 or limiting it to MF? I'm happy to bring some stuff but there's no point us duplicating kit.

Good question!

I'm limiting myself to a bag full of MF kit and a large rucksack full of assorted cameras.

I'll see what dev. kit I can fit in the rucksack and report back before lunchtime tomorrow.

I will bring my Mamiya C330 and lenses and some film. Can also bring some tanks and reels for devving purposes and a dark bag.

Andy

I haven't got any dev kit any more but I'll be bringing 35mm/6x6/6x9 and possibly a Polaroid if I can get some FP100C before then.

I'm also hoping to have at least a first 'draft' light block which is being made tonight. Assuming the machining goes to plan I'll get it assembled with the circuitry in time for Saturday morning.

I thought someone was bringing a LF camera?

Sadly I can't come :( as the daughter is coming home for the weekend... :)

I've only got room for a dev tank with reels for 135 and 120.

Anyone bringing chems and a scanner?

If Steve has room I could bring the V500 but we would need something to plug it into... a computer probably. :)

If someone was thinking of doing any LF shots though we would need something to scan 5 x4.

If Steve has room I could bring the V500 but we would need something to plug it into... a computer probably. :)

If someone was thinking of doing any LF shots though we would need something to scan 5 x4.

you can make do with the V500 for 5x4 though it doesn't really show it at its best.

Yeah, stick it in the boot and I'll bring my MacBook along for the scanning.

Drivers? Not sure how good wifi is in the village hall!

Also I'll be bringing a Konica C35 (non plastic fantastic model ) camera in case someone wants it for free...the lens on this camera would give your Olympus trips etc a run for your money for results......I took it to Ibiza about 5 years ago and the results were VG and have posted shots here from it, but for me using this camera and similar, I can't be bothered spending 5mins working out typical rangefinder thingies around the lens, as after using a SLR would only forget if I went back to this camera after a long time :D

I can plug the V550 into the macbook and install drivers and bring the whole lot along if you need them, but need to know by later today to give me chance to get it done.

Just to be clear there is some phone signal and some data signal at the hall, depending on your network, but definitely no wifi internet ;)

Alos planning on bringing the beautyflex and the f80, both for actually using inbetween the digital stuff I have to do, but they are there if needed for anything too.

Last edited:
Yep, I can pop the V500 in.

Well knowing the BBC can definitely get the weather forecasting correct for the Sahara desert, they do say excellent sunshine for Whipsnade over the weekend.

I thought the guy making my first Lightblock had let me down so I put the circuit into a very rough mock up unit last night to bring something along. However, I've just heard from him and he's trying to get the parts completed today so I at least might be able to bring along a non-working mock up as well as a functioning raw version :0)

Fingers crossed

Anybody staying at The Old Hunters Lodge? I'm here now just going to find my first pint.

Anybody staying at The Old Hunters Lodge? I'm here now just going to find my first pint.

Too slow Joe.... just finished my second.

Reactions: Yv
Hmmm I can see this is going to be a dull day for F&C members who can't make it to the Megga-Meet! Any chance of a running commentary? :wave:

someone should set up a web stream :)

or is that too modern :shifty:

Last edited:

Well, they've got film cameras, tanks, chems, a scanner and a computer, so theoretically we could get a near-real-time feed! The only thing they may not have got, sadly, is that weird modern invention that goes by the name of "wi-fi"! :(

View attachment 38907 View attachment 38908 Sorry guys, only just got any signal. Not sure mobiles have reached this part of the country yet :0)

My and @Andysnap have just checked in to our hotel so Andy's having a nap to rest his old bones then we're grabbing some dinner and meeting up with the rest of the F&C crew at the pub. Really enjoyable day with a good mix of photographers covering all subjects from portraits, macro, still life and of course film. We also did some analogue urbex (or as urban as Whipsnade could be classed) in a couple of abandoned huts/houses.

View attachment 38908

(apologies it's....digital)

The F&C table looked like a high class jumble sale :0)

View attachment 38907

We didn't get to do any dev/scans today because everybody forgot the chemicals but I think the plan is to do some tomorrow so we'll be scanning them on site and I'll upload them once I hit civilisation.

Right, time for a sit down before the onslaught of food and witty banter ;0)

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
It was good to meet so many film lovers. Great selection there in the hall. Enjoy your evening.

Great stuff, thanks Steve.

Isn't the F&C equivalent called a "Web Steam"? ;)

Hope you're all having a great time (even the moderns!) up there - could do a flip up today but wouldn't get there until noon or later now so would have to leave almost straight away, let alone having to use Mrs Nod's car for the trip at mid to high teens MPG so around £100 fuel bill, if not more!

Surely in Mrs Nod's automobile you'd be here in 20 minutes ;)

Back