F&C at the TP Meggameet

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Two weeks to go so what are we doing folks?

Shall we just keep it simple with a selection of cameras for people to have a play with? Perhaps some loaded with film for people to actually take a few shots. Again, to keep it simple, do any deving after the event.

If, at this late stage, we decide to just go with that, then all we need to know is who is bringing what.

I could supply a full range of cameras from compact to MF but I'll be in a car with three people and may have limited room.

I'm sure there will be room for:

Olympus Mju
Olympus XA2
Agfa Super Silette
Nikon FG
Nikon F80
Zeiss Ikon Nettar

I'll also bring a variety of films.

So, Is everyone happy with this? Any other suggestions? What yer bringing?

Cheers

Well I think we have to know what days guys are coming i.e. Sat or Sun or both.

I can bring the RB67 with prism, but if no one is interested I can bring Bronica ETRS or about three 35mm cameras from old Pentax S3 to Canon T90.

Don't worry Simon, I've got a big boot so can fit your cameras in :0)

I'll be bringing;

Yashica 635
Olympus OM2 / 50mm / 28mm
Nick's Mamiya Super 23
(Nex5 to mount the OM lenses to)

Hopefully I'll also have a couple of Lightblocks by then too.

I'm tempted to pick up some fast B&W to go with my slide film.

Anyone curious about the Yashica T5D compact also has waist level viewfinder? as if they are, then it won't take up much room...don't expect me to be an expert on it as I've only used it once a few years ago :D

Well I think we have to know what days guys are coming i.e. Sat or Sun or both.

I can bring the RB67 with prism, but if no one is interested I can bring Bronica ETRS or about three 35mm cameras from old Pentax S3 to Canon T90.

Brian, if you wish to stick to taking thé RB67, I'll bring Bronica Etrs with 50mm MC and WLF

I can bring the Nagaoka but that's mostly for Mr Snap's benefit. As for the rest I'll see what I can fit in the car.

Definite kit:

Bronica Etrs WLF 50mm

Nikon FE2 50mm F/2

Nikon FA Sigma 20mm F/1.8

Possible kit if it's worthwhile carting it......let me know please!:

Kodak instamatic 33 (126 format)

Agfamatic 6008 (110 format)

Ensign Midget. ( ensign E10 format)

Purma Spécial. ( 127 half frame format)

Kodak 828 Folding Bantam ( 828 format)

Kodak Télé Disc ( erm well disc format i guess lol)

Coronet Midget and a HIT style camera ( 16mm format)

I can sort film for most of those cameras although the results could be dodgy for some as thé films are very old.......nonetheless folk can have a play with them .

If someone wants to take 620 box or folder, i have 620 spools so can sort film and the developing (upon my return home).

I'm not sure the digerati will be impressed by some of the older formats like 126, 127 etc? I'd have thought instant, MF and LF might impress, and some Olympus half frame lenses might get the 4/3 folk excited...

Oh yeah, I forgot about my plastic Polaroid 80 so I'll bring that along if I can get hold of some Fuji pack film first.

Might have to re-think the OM2. It's been sticking and I thought it was the meter but I opened the bottom panel and saw that the latch that holds the shutter return in was hanging on by a thread. The screw going through the casting has snapped so I'm going to have to try and drill it out and replace it but it's looking a bit unhealthy at the moment :0(

Brian, if you wish to stick to taking thé RB67, I'll bring Bronica Etrs with 50mm MC and WLF

Well I know you would be interested in looking thru' the prism and also the madness in my method....but I wasn't sure how much you were interested :D

Anyway to help with too much duplication in the party, I'll bring the RB67 and T70 and T5D and if anybody wants to play with them won't put film in till you are all bored:D If I don't come by motorcycle then will bring more gear that might be of interest.

That's a lot of stuff to cart a long way.

Perhaps just bring a couple of your favourites.

Amended! ;)

Works out smaller and lighter bag for me to carry albiet it's at bursting point:D

I'm not sure the digerati will be impressed by some of the older formats like 126, 127 etc? I'd have thought instant, MF and LF might impress, and some Olympus half frame lenses might get the 4/3 folk excited...

Yep you're probably right Chris.

Such a shame i can't get half and whole plate there......i think @Yv mentioned she would like to see mahogany and brass on original wooden tripod at the meet ....sorry, no can do....perhaps someone else can?

Well I know you would be interested in looking thru' the prism and also the madness in my method....but I wasn't sure how much you were interested :D

My interest is going to be in watching a true master at work......YOU!

Cough Cough Choke!:D

My interest is going to be in watching a true master at work......YOU!

Cough Cough Choke!:D

:D A few days ago I was using manual and a 40mm lens with exposure @ f5.6 doing panos, then swopped over to a 28mm lens and forgot to reset the aperture..so I took 27 frames for panos at f22 :eek: Would that help in learning about Lomo :D

...and what do you guys normally do for dinner (or if you are posh lunch)...do you find the nearest pub or do you bring sandwiches?

:D A few days ago I was using manual and a 40mm lens with exposure @ f5.6 doing panos, then swopped over to a 28mm lens and forgot to reset the aperture..so I took 27 frames for panos at f22 :eek: Would that help in learning about Lomo :D

...and what do you guys normally do for dinner (or if you are posh lunch)...do you find the nearest pub or do you bring sandwiches?

I aint gunna learn much from you then am i, except how to stuff a shot.......summat i'm capable of without help :D

As for luncheon my dear fellow, one has to win best morning shot at these events to be granted food......that's gunna leave us both starving then :(:D

Wow! That all sounds fantastic. It would make a fabulous centrepiece for the F&C section.

I really like the idea of offering portraits on LF, if it's not too much trouble.

Last year, we mainly stayed on site and ran Ruth (Viv1969) ragged making bacon sarnies etc.! There's a pub within walking distance (Old Hunters Lodge) to whose dining facility a fair number of us retired after the festivities on the Saturday were over. I stayed there as well so could have a pint or 3 as well.

Unfortunately I'm unable to attend this year (cue sighs of relief!) but if I was able to, I would like to see older, more esoteric stuff than 35mm SLRs. Been a long time since I had a play with a real plate camera complete with movements and a glass screen/black cloth! Plenty of the digital crown still use manual lenses on their bodies and with some cameras, the experience is very similar to an old manual SLR, the only real difference is the recording medium. If anyone was able to do MF E6 shooting to visible results, I think people would be interested though.

Have fun - I'd rather be there than at a bloody wedding! (Guest, not photographer, although I'll have a compact in a pocket and maybe something a bit bigger in the boot...)

I believe the mods lay on a full spread with lashings of ginger beer :D

If the day is hot what about a nice glass of cold milk...milk drinks for the mods are on me (well if a supermarket is near) :D

Hi, all, I only have a Pentax ME but will certainly be having a look/play with some of the cameras mentioned :)

I bought a B&W and colour film today from West York Cameras today and they have some wonderful camera in there. Never had a Rolleiflex and they had a few in a display cabinet. A little out of my budget but nice to look at :)

Can't wait to have a look at the camera you folk bring (y)

Cheers.

The great thing about film is:- your ME can take the same great shots as an expensive 35mm film camera....think of film cameras as a light tight box separating the lens from the photographer, so e.g.. your ME with an excellent lens would give better results than a crappy lens on an expensive Nikon.

Last edited:
Well, after extensive reconstruction surgery I've had to concede defeat and declare my black OM2n as dead :0( A screw sheared in the shutter retaining mechanism so it's not latching any more. I don't like to give up entirely though, especially with the meet coming up, so I've just won a slightly tatty looking chrome OM2n which I'm planning a Japan Camera Hunter style customisation using my black top and bottom panel as donors. All I've done so far is sand back the black panels to brass but I'll hopefully have something to show at the meet :0)

I believe the mods lay on a full spread with lashings of ginger beer :D

Last year, Marc lay on a bed of crushed Jaffa Cakes in a suspenders panties and a bra (Marc, not the Jaffa Cakes!) luckily his pet CamelBufonid stayed hidden throughout... (Yv and Kelly were offering lashings but had no takers [in pubic at least...])

I won't be! Although there is a piece of kit in a local bike shop that I'm almost too tempted by and which would be ideal for long distance rides. Can't make that weekend anyway. :(

I vote that the guy with the biggest backpack can carry all the cans of beer around ;)

Well the recent TP email suggests there could be some digital guys that might be interested in film cameras...well I'll show one advantage in not buying a Nikon or Olympus o_O :D by bringing along a M42 adapter and Sonnar 135mm lens.
Also if anyone is interested will bring the Canon19mm lens to show the view and if owning a FD Canon can take some shots...erm well the subject has to be chosen carefully as only the centre is sharp...let me know if any interest as it's a quiet heavy lump of glass and aluminum and would leave it back home otherwise.

Back